May 18, 2024, 10:02 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Newbery Console: Dims and Discussion

Started by tony farrell, Nov 17, 2016, 01:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tony farrell

Well, I'm getting there. Scanner, interior door, a couple more stained glass roundels and the console to do:

Int 1.jpg
Int 2.jpg
Int 3 rails.jpg
Stained Glass Roundel First Right-hand Side.png

Stay tuned!

T

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Nov 17, 2016, 06:58 am #2 Last Edit: Nov 17, 2016, 06:58 am by galacticprobe
Magnificent, indeed! Great work as usual, Tony! Back in the mid 1980s when the wife and I were thinking about building a house, I'd designed the den around this console room. Now I'm glad that plan never happened because after converting your millimeters to inches/feet, I can see that I was way off on my guesstimates and that room would have been horridly wrong!

I've noticed that you've labeled the roundel as "First Right-hand side". Will you be posting the walls where these roundels go with something like "1-RH", "2-RH", etc. in just "white space" roundels to show exactly where each stained glass roundel goes? (Depending on which way one faces, the door to the TARDIS interior or the view screen, there are two right-hand sides to the walls.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Nov 17, 2016, 11:05 am #4 Last Edit: Nov 17, 2016, 11:49 am by Tony Farrell
Thank you gents. I intended the above posts to act as a 'teaser' for what is coming!

Due to the size of the diagrams, I should probably have pointed out that it would be best to open them in a separate tab as a lot of the detail gets lost when viewed as part of the thread. As it is, I've had to post them as JPEG images which means that they look slightly blurred when compared to the PNG-format originals. But hey-ho, I can't do anything about that!

The full set of diagrams will be posted as part of my history of the Newbery Tardis and - Dino - yes, the positioning of the various 'stained glass' roundels will be clearly identified.  So - as with my Brachacki Tardis interior - you'll have screen-accurate plans as well as annotations showing what was altered during the all too brief appearances of the Wooden Console Room!

After that, I'll complete the schematics for the Sharp Console and Three Doctors Tardis set (which - I hope - will satisfy Sean Clarke (and a few others))!  And, after that, I'll go for a lie down! :)

T

tony farrell

And your final sneak peek! Shush, spoilers!  ;)

Stained Glass Roundels on Right of Scanner.jpg

T

galacticprobe

Nov 18, 2016, 07:25 am #6 Last Edit: Nov 18, 2016, 07:27 am by galacticprobe
Those are some beautiful images, Tony, regardless of their format. And I'm really looking forward to seeing your work on the Season 14 Console Room set. (Your research is impeccable and you never disappoint when it comes to your drawings!)

Dino.
P. S. You've seen my surname - so have several other members. You want to talk about misspelling? Good grief, some of the things I've seen. Worst part of it all is the pronunciation of it; no one ever gets it right no matter how much we talk them through it. In Boot Camp (military basic training for those that aren't familiar with the term), my Drill Instructor struggled with my name for all of 15 seconds or so, and then bellowed in my face "I can't pronounce this stupid thing! From now on you answer to..." Well?... Let's just say for the next 10 weeks I was a disease. (And those that have seen my surname can probably guess which disease - and it wasn't a nice one. Not that any disease is a nice one, but you get the meaning.)
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tony farrell

Nov 18, 2016, 10:53 am #7 Last Edit: Nov 18, 2016, 10:54 am by Tony Farrell
"Dino Gian.... Dino Giangreg... Dino Giangregorio? What sort of name is that? Sound like something you'd catch!! Wipe that smile off your face and stand to attention, you 'orrible little man!"

maxresdefault.jpg  ;)

T

galacticprobe

Nov 19, 2016, 05:39 am #8 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2016, 05:40 am by galacticprobe
Tony, after a week like I've had, your post really made my day! (As the saying goes: "Thanks! I needed that!")

Oh-Yeah.jpg

Dino.

Rassilons Rod

All this meandering is making me chomp even harder at the bit for these new plans  ;D
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

I'll meander as much as I want and, compared to a lot of threads, this is quite contained!  ;)

But, since you're "chomping at the bit" - one last 'spoiler'. (And this is categorically the last one!)  :)

Interior door and walls - coloured jpg.jpg

T

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

The drawings look better as PNGs but They're too large for the 500KB upload limit:

Internal door cropped.png

Scarfwearer

Tony, that 500KB limit can be lifted. How large do you need?

Crispin

tony farrell

Nov 19, 2016, 05:42 pm #14 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2016, 05:47 pm by Tony Farrell
Hi Crispin,

Firstly welcome back. Secondly,  I'm loving your 'replacement' Tardis build (I envy you your space).

To answer your question, the intention is to post the Newbery plans as part of an article (akin to what I've done here  http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6965.0 and here http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.0 ).

To this end, Marc has given me access as an "article author" which means that I can write the 'article' over several weeks and then get the mods to post it in 'one go' (so people can read it in full rather than as a 'part-work').

I'm currently creating the diagrams for the Newbery Scanner and then the Wooden Console. I've got next week free - so everything should be ready by next weekend. I can then start actually posting the diagrams to the 'article'. So far the biggest diagram is the main entrance which is 1.4 MB as a PNG (about 475 KB when converted to JPEG format). In terms of pixel counts, the diagrams are all 1750 wide but they vary in depth (depending on how much information they contain).

Does that help/answer your question?

T