May 19, 2024, 12:41 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Reference Pictures: Mk I Console (1963)

Started by Scarfwearer, Aug 22, 2009, 12:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Sep 01, 2021, 05:53 amIts been bugging me for years as to what was actually wrong with the meter that they had to keep moving it around and in and out of its original placement in the last few years...

Thats what makes me think it had either: fallen through or removed to allow the 2-shot in Mind Robber. And then instead of putting it back properly, a wooden plate was created to cover the existing hole when not on the panel, and then just dumped on top of said wooden plate.
Regards
David

davidnagel

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Aug 31, 2021, 06:18 amOne question I've always pondered was whether or not we ever saw the pointers moving in the series, or were they always static?

One example so far:

Regards
David

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: davidnagel on Sep 02, 2021, 11:13 am
Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Aug 31, 2021, 06:18 amOne question I've always pondered was whether or not we ever saw the pointers moving in the series, or were they always static?

One example so far:

It has been suggested (by Tony Farrell, if memory serves) that the white knobs underneath the console were used to control the meters.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.