Apr 23, 2024, 09:00 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's Cybus Earpods

Started by BioDoctor900, Sep 27, 2017, 07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

Hey guys, did a quick build tonight, I made some Cybus Earpods

They're a simple construction, made from 3 buttons, a piece of peg, some foam and a bit of card. The three different sized buttons were from my sewing box, they were odd ones I wasn't going to use in a hurry. I superglue them together and then added a small piece of wood from a peg to the side. I then layered up thin foam for the sloped piece, making them smaller as I layered them. I sanded the edges down so they met more at the tip and then added a thin piece of card to cover the holes on the button. I then drilled the holes for the LEDs, and glued the earphone bits to the back and painted them silver. I drew the logo on with a fine liner pen and voila

IMG_20170927_194829.jpg

IMG_20170927_194847.jpg

IMG_20170927_203007.jpg

Cheap and simple little build that cost nothing. I'm rather happy with how they came out, as I've been trying to make these for ages.

BioDoctor900

davidnagel

Regards
David

BioDoctor900

When you making yours then David

davidnagel

Regards
David

The14thDr

I really like your use of buttons to create the shape of the earpods - it just shows you can create brilliant looking props for next to nothing. Genius!
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

BioDoctor900

Thanks, admittedly when I made them I did sit there thinking, Why the hell didn't I use these in the past?! I'd tried with other bits and was never really happy with them

BioDoctor900