Fugitive of the Judoon Tardis - Spoiler Warning.

Started by simon83, Jan 29, 2020, 05:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

simon83

Jan 29, 2020, 05:50 pm Last Edit: Jan 29, 2020, 05:55 pm by rassilonsrod
Hi All. I love the new tardis console room so simply decided to give it ago at recreating it in 3d so everyone as full look of what we believe it to be to the best of our current knowledge. Ive literally only just started and have only 2 things created to scale which is the ceiling unit and wall.
download.png
I also did a small lighting test with a very quick wall support thing.
SPOILER_DyVVECg7wo8mAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

simon83

Okay so I'm having difficulty with this wall who ha. They are all modeled to 1:1 scale. Including the walls. And I've put a distance of 1 whole time rotor glass in between the top of the time rotor and the bottom of the ceiling unit. There should be a gentle incline from the top of the roundel walls and the top of the ceiling unit which I can't seem to make here. Any ideas?
download (1).png

Vale

One of the things we're discussing right now in the Reference section (http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=10228.0) is that structurally this room is a lot more complex than it appears, and not in a good way; specifically in the case of the walls it has two different roundel sizes and two different roundel spacings depending on whether the wall section originally came from "An Adventure in Space and Time" or "Twice Upon a Time". They seem to have mixed-and-matched a great deal. And also the set was modified between some of the publicity photos being taken and shooting the episode, which of course just complicates matters further ::)

simon83

Been doing more work. Seems that the drawing of the pillars someone did on here although quite good. Is too steep. As the walls wont fit in and the cieling is too low for it to work. So im just trying to go over loads of screenshots to try and figure out a full shape of em.
download.png

Vale

Quote from: simon83 on Feb 04, 2020, 04:07 pm
Been doing more work. Seems that the drawing of the pillars someone did on here although quite good. Is too steep.

Yyyeeeaaahhh, that was probably me :-[ I had to work from photos that showed them at an angle and I distorted the tracings to account for perspective - and Photoshop's perspective transformations are prone to causing precisely this sort of distortion ::) In my defence I was intending it as a rough comparison, not an accurate structural diagram ;D

Your latest work-in-progress looks really good though 8)

simon83

Your drawings helped a lot Vale so thank you for em. I have done my own ones now but im not over happy with em. They look too chunky to me. And the room feels so tiny lol. But i think its defo a proper starting point now.download.png

handofomega

I was working on a version in SketchUp but I was having trouble figuring out the sizes.   Looking at what you got I say that you are closer in scale than I am.

simon83

Okay big news
I finally got the shape of Ruths' tardis consoles' pillar thingys
download (2).png
For anyone wanting to model Ruths' console. Here ya go
download (3).png

simon83

simon83

Apart from the scanner and the array. The console room is done.
Render2.jpg

simon83

The array room is done. Just trying to figure out the things that are hanging down
Render4.jpg

simon83

Got another lil update for yal. Looking really good.
Render5.jpg
Also did a brief layout thing while I was at it. I think this is about right from what we have seen so far.
Overlay.png

Vale

simon83

Major update. Array room had a quick remodel as I thought it looked too wide. Turns out I missed out a support. Looks far better now. Got a proper console in place. Many thanks to NoNotTheMemes for that. Just trying to figure out the scanner atm. Hopefully, the next eps might reveal some more about the console room. If not Ima start making it up as I go along now lol.
Render5.jpg
Although i am a bit stuck on the things that seem to hang down in the Array room. Any ideas?
09.jpg

davidnagel

Regards
David