May 16, 2024, 06:57 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Type 97 TARDIS Exterior and others

Started by LMC97, Mar 29, 2014, 03:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LMC97

Jan 25, 2016, 07:45 pm #120 Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 07:46 pm by LMC97
Well, here are some rendered images of the Hudolin box.
Firstly, the night time images.
1.jpg2.jpgHere's a close up.3.jpg
Now here the day time images. I was going to have the lights on an lights off images but my computer was being very slow at the time.
4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Right now I'm making images of the TARDISes going down it's timeline. In a way, we're going back in time.
That's all for now

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Jan 30, 2016, 10:21 pm #121 Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016, 10:27 pm by LMC97
OK, I've started work on the War Doctor's TARDIS. Here is what I have so far.
1.jpg
Yeah, I had to have the "NO MORE" wall next to the TARDIS in these images.
2.jpg3.jpg
I was also experimenting with a few of the sky settings...for fun.
4.jpg
Right now I need to add more of the war damage to the TARDIS. I believe I know where all the war damage goes but it just might take a while.
That's all for now

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Jan 31, 2016, 04:38 am #122 Last Edit: Jan 31, 2016, 04:39 am by galacticprobe
Looks like you're pretty much spot on, LMC! The only suggestion I have would be for the lamp cap. The War Doctor's TARDIS had a Classic Series-style lamp on it, so the cap should be just a circular disc with a shallow dome in the center: sort of like the Brachacki (Season 1 pure original), or the Newbery and Yardley-Jones models. The rest of your lamp is perfect; just that little tweak to the cap would put the icing on the cake.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

Feb 07, 2016, 03:52 pm #123 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016, 04:33 pm by LMC97
UPDATE. I have re-made the lamp cap. Yet again I had the NO MORE wall in the images because I think it looks nice.
5.jpg6.jpg
I also added some more war damage. I even added some on the windows which I think turned out fine.
7.jpg9.jpg
There maybe some damage I've missed which I will soon add.
10.jpg
Here's a little window light test. I would have done a full lighting but it was taking too long to render.
8.jpg
As soon as this TARDIS is done, I will attempt to make a few rendered images of the Smith box, Tennant box and the Hurt box in the same room.
Well, that's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Feb 08, 2016, 05:01 am #124 Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016, 05:15 am by galacticprobe
Now that looks really great, LMC! Excellent job on both the tweaked lamp cap and that "battle damage" look. (And that wall really makes the image.) If you're looking for some good references for the battle damage on the sides, check out this thread: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5013.0. It's only three pages and shows the front really well, and some of the right side. On Page 3 (near the bottom) Kingpin posted some links to photo sites that have some nice high-res images of the left side.

And if you check here (http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6250.msg77147#msg77147), thanks to lorisarvendu we've got some nice images of the rear, as well as more for the right side. Hopefully those will help you out with your battle damage.

I know it takes a while to render, but keep at it! It's definitely worth the wait!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

Thanks as always Dino. I really appreciate the help. I believe those pages can help me finish of the rest of the battle damage. I'm glad you like the wall too. I'm planning of having more in the background of my images apart from just having sky. Of course I will continue with the rendering as I also believe that the end result is worth the wait.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Apr 04, 2016, 08:47 pm #126 Last Edit: Apr 04, 2016, 09:22 pm by LMC97
Right. Just because haven't update in a while, I have made a few changes to my Capaldi box. Firstly, I changed the text is the Police Box signs as I felt they weren't right.
Before
old signs and windows.jpg
After
new signs and windows.jpg
Here are a few other images of a few minor changes I made. Such as I raised the roof a tad, raised the lamp section a tad, extended out the top signs to make them stand out more and a few other tweaks.
Before
old front close.jpgold front.jpg
After
new front close.jpgnew front.jpg
So, does it look more Capaldi-ish? I have also make roughly the same change to my aeries 7b box as it also had faulty looking signs. Next I will make rendered images of this box in Kerkythea.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Apr 05, 2016, 04:08 am #127 Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 04:08 am by galacticprobe
Definitely a little more Capaldi-ish, though I think in his TARDIS that top roof tier is just a little shorter than the middle tier (the opposite of how it was for Matt Smith).

Dino.

LMC97

Apr 05, 2016, 09:17 pm #128 Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 11:41 pm by LMC97
I did notice that those roofs had their differences. What I didn't notice when I was adjusting the height of one of the section of the roof, I accidentally made them both roughly the same height when they are supposed to be different.
Series 7b roof
roof.jpg
Capaldi roof
roof adjustment.jpg
I believe now the roof is correct. Here is the Series 7b box and the Capaldi box.
Series 7b
front fit.jpg
Capaldi
front fit in view.jpg
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Apr 06, 2016, 06:17 am #129 Last Edit: Apr 06, 2016, 06:17 am by galacticprobe
Looking at these makes me wish I had the space, and the physical fortitude, to get my TARDIS build off the ground. (How much do you think it would cost to have one of these things 3-D printed in a way it could be flat-packed?)

Dino.

LMC97

Apr 07, 2016, 12:51 am #130 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2016, 01:58 am by LMC97
Just a few experiments
These are just a few experiment that I would like to share. Hope you like them.
Robin Hood strikes again.
arrow.jpg
Now this one is just silly.
more arrows.jpg
These next experiments were testing if I could get the TARDIS to look like it was graffiti on. I'm hoping to get BAD WOLF on my 9/10th Doctor's TARDIS soon.
rendered image.jpg
I then experimented with the projector lights and projected BAD WOLF on the side of the TARDIS
rendered image 3.jpg

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Apr 07, 2016, 04:31 am #131 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2016, 04:31 am by galacticprobe
Yeah, that one with all the arrows is (as the late Graham Chapman in his military personna occasionally said) "rather silly". It almost makes the TARDIS look like a porcupine. ;D

On that note, I can remember only three times the TARDIS was hit by an arrow: 1) "Silver Nemesis"; 2) "The Shakespeare Code"; and 3) "Robot of Sherwood"... but only "Robot of Sherwood" showed the close-up of the arrow hole "healing" once the arrow was pulled out. Now that was cool.

What would be cool do to with the arrows is find out where each one struck the TARDIS, and then have all three sticking out at the same time, maybe even showing the different variations in the fletching... with little tags hanging off of the shafts like trophy flags, with each flag having the name of the story/episode that arrow belonged to: sort of like the Doctor's "arrow collection".

Dino.

LMC97

Apr 14, 2016, 05:46 pm #132 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2016, 08:02 am by LMC97
Yet again, the TARDIS has been struck with arrows. Yay, more holes to fill in ;D . I attempted Dino's suggestion to place arrows where the TARDIS has been stuck before.
zoom out.jpganother view.jpgall arrows.jpg
I think I got them in the right places. Any more arrows then TARDIS may longer like me.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Apr 15, 2016, 04:19 am #133 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2016, 04:19 am by galacticprobe
I love that last image! It's one of the best things I've seen when it comes to pinpointing (or arrowhead-pointing) specific things that made some sort of violent contact with the TARDIS in certain episodes.

Nice one, LMC!

Dino.

LMC97

Glad you like it. Thanks for your suggestion to make it. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to share them.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE