New, New TardisBuilders!

Type 97 TARDIS Exterior and others

Started by LMC97, Mar 29, 2014, 03:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LMC97

Nov 21, 2017, 07:58 pm #180 Last Edit: Nov 21, 2017, 08:00 pm by LMC97
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Nov 20, 2017, 08:41 pm
Nice work!

Thank you. Here are a few more images to add that show the box closer up. I realized the previous images were all at the same point of view. How silly of me.
8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Well, that's all for now.

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

Angelus Lupus

Well, unless any new pictures show details we haven't seen yet, I'd say it's looking great! I hope my assumption/guess on the lamp holds up, because I see everyone is using that style and I'd hate to be the one that steered folks wrong.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

LMC97

Nov 21, 2017, 10:02 pm #182 Last Edit: Nov 25, 2017, 04:30 pm by LMC97
Yeah, I didn't change anything apart from the point of views in the new images. The previous images didn't show much detail in the first place due to the box being a distance away. I wouldn't worry about the lamp. I would say they match.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Nov 29, 2017, 09:24 pm #183 Last Edit: Nov 29, 2017, 09:38 pm by LMC97
Back to my 2010 box. I don't think I'll ever stop trying to get it just right. In this update, I will compare the old version with the new version I just finished.

Old
2010 tardis old.jpgold door open.jpgold interior view.jpg

New
2010 tardis new.jpgnew door open.jpgnew interior view.jpg

The changes I did may not show that well so I will list a few. I was going to Photoshop them together but time was against me.

• I shortened the width of the posts and base.

• I shortened the height of the roof but increased the steepness of the top angle to raise the lamp a bit

• I made the handle on the right door slightly smaller

• I made the frame of the phone door slightly thinner

• I made the text in the top signs slightly smaller

• I also changed the interior image

I think it is fine for now but I did think that when I made the last version so I might end up updating this again.   ::)

That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Jan 03, 2018, 09:03 pm #184 Last Edit: Jan 03, 2018, 09:23 pm by LMC97
A new Doctor has landed.
s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpg
While waiting for the new series to start, I had a go at making images of the TARDIS on a random street in the dark...again. Well, I have to pass the time some how.  ;D

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Jan 09, 2018, 07:39 pm #185 Last Edit: Jan 09, 2018, 09:52 pm by LMC97
I got to admit I'm not the best when is comes to making a different version of a TARDIS, but I had a go anyway.
This is a virtual box that I think I'll call Type 97 mk 2.
full view.jpg
I thought I should try out black letters with a white background for the top signs.
top signs.jpg
The roof is roughly the same but with a different lamp.
roof.jpg
Each of the windows include 4 clear panes and 2 blue panes. I thought it might make this box more unique.
windows.jpg
The layout of the handles is still the same as mk 1. The St John sign is the one I used for my series 5 box along with the handles. The Pull To Open sign is roughly the same with a few changes such as a different font and a few word changes.
door detail.jpg
The left door has a cubby with the same phone I made for my series 7b box.
cubby outside.jpg
inside cubby.jpg
And I quickly removed the back wall for a better view of the back of the doors.
inside.jpg
last full view.jpg

I think I did a kind of good job at making my own version of a TARDIS.  :-\

That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

boxman550

may i make a digital recreation of this?

LMC97

Quote from: boxman550 on Jan 09, 2018, 09:32 pm
may i make a digital recreation of this?

Sure, go ahead.  :)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

boxman550

hows this for a first try?1new.png

galacticprobe

Jan 10, 2018, 05:22 am #189 Last Edit: Jan 10, 2018, 05:29 am by galacticprobe
This looks good, LMC! The mix of the Brachacki-Altered front Top Signs and the Brachacki-Original lamp mixed with the New Series elements is interesting: makes me really want to know what a Brachacki would look like on a New Series size scale.

The transparent windows letting you see the whole inside of the box through the closed doors is very much like the Cushing TARDIS from the films (which I like), so it reminds me of that box. The digital version boxman did is impressive as well. It really captures what this TARDIS could look like if someone built it.

(I really do Envy(microbial).jpg our Virtual Builders and wish I could render like that; but I just can't get the hang of it. :P So, I've learned to live vicariously through the rendering of others. ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

boxman550

i wasnt happy with my first attempt so worked on it a tad more 1new.jpg

LMC97

Jan 10, 2018, 08:59 am #191 Last Edit: Jan 10, 2018, 09:04 am by LMC97
Thank you both. I'm glad this attempt was successful. Including using elements from previous boxes. A new series sized Brachacki box would be interesting to see. I still envy those with great virtual skills. I have seen many members putting so much detail into their virtual boxes I often confuse them for the real thing. The digital recreation you have made Boxman550 is brilliant and I agree with Dino that it does show how the box would look like if it was built for real. Great job.
Two boxes copy.jpg

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

boxman550

oh dont thank me it was your brilliant TARDIS that inspired me  :) in fact im gonna rework what ive got and make a more HD version

LMC97

Jan 10, 2018, 04:56 pm #194 Last Edit: Jan 10, 2018, 04:57 pm by LMC97
:o Those are FANTASTIC. Excellent work. I admire your skills at making my SketckUp images look like they are from an episode.

LMC  ;D
Next stop, EVERYWHERE