May 18, 2024, 07:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Question Mark Umbrella

Started by The14thDr, Jun 26, 2017, 07:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

warmcanofcoke

http://www.doctorwhoprops.com/props.php

QuoteSylvester McCoy�s Umbrella

First seen in the season 24 story �Dragonfire� the question mark umbrella soon became a trade mark of the 7th Dr. This Umbrellas were made by renowned London maker T.Fox &Co, the handles were made from a very tough resin painted red this quite often used to chip off on set making the props look rather scruffy towards the end of season 25 hence this prop being made for season 26.

umbrella_01.jpgumbrella_02.jpg

The14thDr

Fantastic images! Thanks for posting them over here warmcanofcoke (why didn't I think of checking the Doctor Who Props site? ::))
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Rassilons Rod

I'd love to develop a template for a wooden former, so that we could make the handle out of acrylic rod :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Quote from: The14thDr on Jul 06, 2017, 01:21 pm
Fantastic images! Thanks for posting them over here warmcanofcoke (why didn't I think of checking the Doctor Who Props site? ::))

This is how I feel about props; If there is a unique reference {Such as closeup pictures of the original prop} We need it over here. Websites notoriously de-materialise. We should sight the original source material when it is available, but sometimes these images are just things we have on our hard drives from years ago.... We need those website links, descriptions, and images. I issue an apology when I can't find them.

drstanlaurel

Aug 06, 2019, 12:37 am #20 Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019, 12:39 am by drstanlaurel
For those with the cash supply and the bravery to tackle it, I found this on ebay, search for t fox umbrella...it has the matching T Fox & Co. mark on the shaft!! £85 is too rich for me  :(

wp_ss_20190806_0002.pngwp_ss_20190806_0001.png