May 19, 2024, 02:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tardis workings behind the Roundel.

Started by warmcanofcoke, Mar 21, 2016, 11:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

The thing looks like a cable to me too, with some sort of metal connector.

Was there a special effect or pyrotechnic effect in this or a later scene perhaps?

galacticprobe

Mar 26, 2016, 04:42 am #31 Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016, 04:49 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: domvar on Mar 25, 2016, 10:04 am
looks like a cable is clipped to the edge of the wall to me

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Mar 25, 2016, 11:24 am
I also thought it looked a bit rough. But if  you zoom in, you can see it's a cable :)

Quote from: davidnagel on Mar 25, 2016, 08:20 pm
Maybe we're seeing both a rough edge and the cable? The cable making the rough cutting look far worse than it is!

Quote from: Mark on Mar 26, 2016, 12:05 am
The thing looks like a cable to me too, with some sort of metal connector.

Looking at the larger image on Photobucket I think everyone is correct; there is definitely a cable where the wall meets the pillar. The connector at the end, from what I can make out of it, looks like an RCA type (like you find on the back of sound systems where the speaker cables plug in).

Quote from: Mark on Mar 26, 2016, 12:05 am
Was there a special effect or pyrotechnic effect in this or a later scene perhaps?

Indeed there was. It was a small one, but it came out of the roundel itself rather than from the wall. So what that cable was for is anyone's guess. It could even have been a leftover from something else and no one bothered to remove it. (Remember, back then the production staff weren't planning on people like us using that old reliable PAUSE button on something as clear as a DVD video of the episodes to scrutinize things so closely. (Can't resist a paraphrase here: If you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to GEICO; it's what you do. If you're a member of TARDIS Builders, you wear out your DVDs and their player's PAUSE button to scrutinize every detail of the show's props and sets; it's what you do. ;D ;D ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

A new batch of Season 14 painted glass Roundel Images can be found here http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2444.msg83069;topicseen#msg83069

Can't think of any other special roundels in the TARDIS.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

warmcanofcoke

galacticprobe

Nov 01, 2016, 05:01 am #34 Last Edit: Nov 01, 2016, 05:01 am by galacticprobe
Oooh... ouch! That looks painful, for the TARDIS, that is. :P

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

I wonder how many washing machines they had to pull all that from!
Regards
David

greenpear

I was looking around, collecting some data, and found River Song hitting the Liquor Cabinet Roundel (The Husbands of River Song). Then I remembered another time a roundel was used as a liquor cabinet (Twice Upon a Time). The First Doctor goes onto to complain to the Twelfth, "Have you had some of this?" Twelve answers, "I may have snuck a glass at some point in the last 1500 years."

The bottles are clearly different than the ones River Song opened up. Could there be more than one Liquor Cabinet Roundel?
once_upon_a_time_twelfth_Doctor_brandy_in_roundel.png
I'm here to collect data and make interesting subjective points of view.
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

russellsuthern

Can't have too much booze hiding around the place...

Russ

warmcanofcoke

Image request:

I believe in a Jodie Whittaker she and John Barrowman run in to the Tardis and reach into a mirrored roundel and pull out a set of clothes for Jack.

Can someone please upload a few screen shots?

davidnagel

Regards
David