May 19, 2024, 02:28 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Reference pictures: Mk II Console (1976)

Started by Scarfwearer, May 13, 2009, 11:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis Gump

YES! That's the chair. Thanks a bunch, especially because that thread had a lot of reference shots and those plans. I want to make one of those someday.

What about the other chair? I can see it had those woven straps on it's back and seat in the same screen grabs with the throne chair. These are the sorts of things I want to make.

Scarfwearer

Dec 06, 2010, 12:58 pm #16 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 10:19 pm by rassilonsrod
I don't think we have much on that other chair, yet - but there's this thread: [ref topic=1953]Other TARDIS chairs[/ref].

Crispin

Rassilons Rod

Dec 06, 2010, 09:18 pm #17 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 10:19 pm by rassilonsrod
Quote from: Scarfwearer on Dec 06, 2010, 12:58 pm
I don't think we have much on that other chair, yet - but there's this thread: [ref topic=1953]Other TARDIS chairs[/ref].

Um...

I get the message:
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

surely that can't be right? :O
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Teletran

(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1360/omni02g.jpg)

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

Has anyone seen this cap? Seems to be another row of something below the illuminated switches.

vlcsnap-2011-07-17-13h43m03s112.JPG
Public Enema Number One.

Scarfwearer

Rassilons Rod

The Deadly Assassin :)

Crispin, Let me send you an invitation to Drop-box and I'll send you all the Season 14 grabs I have... just in case there's any you don't have or clearer from a slightly different time frame :)
Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

Oh and for some reason, I am feeling the round lights above and below the stripey box remind me of the emitter from slightly larger pen torches.
Public Enema Number One.

Scarfwearer

They might even be bottle caps.

Crispin

Scarfwearer

Sep 08, 2011, 02:09 pm #25 Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011, 02:11 pm by Scarfwearer
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Sep 08, 2011, 01:27 pm
The Deadly Assassin :)

Crispin, Let me send you an invitation to Drop-box and I'll send you all the Season 14 grabs I have... just in case there's any you don't have or clearer from a slightly different time frame :)

Ah - the one Season 14 story with the console in it that I don't yet have on DVD...

The grey/white stripey rectangle appears to have a frame around it and some fine wire mesh over it (from other pics).

Crispin

Rassilons Rod

Not to be contrary... :D

I'm seeing it the other way round. black and white stripey mesh with not-quite-clear perspex over it...
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Sep 10, 2011, 05:46 am #27 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2011, 05:47 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Sep 08, 2011, 10:27 am
Has anyone seen this cap? Seems to be another row of something below the illuminated switches.

Quick check-in (and trying to play catch-up), but those things below the bottom row of buttons almost look like holes drilled for another row of buttons. Perhaps they drilled the row of holes, and then realised that a fifth row of buttons wouldn't fit as the panel was configured? Just a guess, but they do look like simple drill holes.

And that while lighted "switch? below the grille does look like a bottle cap covering a light.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Kingpin

That logic certain seems sound, as some similar buttons to those used have a round fitting on the base.  I'm reminded of the small plastic paint pots you get with plastic model kits when I look at the buttons above and below the metal mesh, that might be a good source for them if bottle caps aren't able to do the trick (I couldn't find a visual example, but I'm certain I've seen some with screw on tops as well).

minipotp3ml.jpg
img4c0398cf3f7e9.jpg

DoctorWho8

Quote from: galacticprobe on Sep 10, 2011, 05:46 am
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Sep 08, 2011, 10:27 am

Quick check-in (and trying to play catch-up), but those things below the bottom row of buttons almost look like holes drilled for another row of buttons. Perhaps they drilled the row of holes, and then realised that a fifth row of buttons wouldn't fit as the panel was configured? Just a guess, but they do look like simple drill holes.

And that while lighted "switch? below the grille does look like a bottle cap covering a light.

Dino.

I agree with Dino, they are holes for an extra row of buttons.  They probably drilled the extra row not realizing it wouldn't be seen or even accessible to reach, so they left them alone.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff