May 16, 2024, 06:13 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Action Mats roughly 1/2 size TARDIS

Started by action_mat, Nov 02, 2010, 07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

graymaverick

Wow that is a one great build. I hope my build gets to that level, but i don't think will.  :D

action_mat

The gold vinyl on the inner side walls looked a bit plain, so I picked up some black and mirror effect sticky pvc and made some roundels..
tardis053-1.jpg

tardis054-1.jpg

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

the_temporal_mechanic

This is truly amazing sir!  A fine present indeed.  :) I love the roundels and your paint finishes are wonderful by the way.

Rassilons Rod

This build diary is just getting better and better!
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

action_mat

Dec 11, 2010, 08:31 pm #50 Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010, 08:53 pm by action_mat
Thanks everyone :)  I hadn't planned on putting her back together until Christmas Eve, but after making those roundels last night and fixing the floor today, I couldn't resist reassembling her for a few pictures.......
tardis055-1.jpg
tardis056-1.jpg
tardis057-1.jpg
tardis058-1.jpg

DoctorWho8

That is so disco and sexy.  I want to join the party.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

drew30

can you adopt me? i would love to wake up christmas morning and see this beside my tree. this tardis looks awesome. you have done a super fantastic job on this. my hats off to you good sir. AMAZEING!!!!

geminitimelord

I do not blame you for wanting to take some additional photos. When my baby was complete I couldnt stop either LOL....

I do have to say the quality of this build is absolutely awesome. This almost looks like a production model toy. Too bad you couldnt have built as a full size box. Still excellent job on the interior and capturing the essence of the console.

greatwazoo42

Well, you easily beat me out for most awesome dad ever.  Would you adopt me?  I want one of those for Christmas!!!   ;D

Elvis Gump

You kid is going to love that. Awesome isn't a big enough word to describe it, especially the clever afterthought of those roundrels. When he grows out of it one day, you should really preserve it, it's something I'm sure he'll appreciate when he has his own kids one day. Then you'll get to add 'greatest grand-dad ever' to your accomplishments.

action_mat

Thankyou for the kind compliments.   :) 

action_mat

Please excuse the awful quality of the video.  I took it on a DVD camera, but for some reason can't save it to photobucket.  This is filmed from the TV on my stills camera, so it's a bit jumpy.  The reaction was what I was hoping for though ;D 

th_tardis062.jpg

deck5

cyberstephen

That's brilliant mate- a dad in a million. Really glad he loved it; was sure he would!

Giving presents really is so much better than receiving them.

:)
Stephen