Apr 16, 2024, 10:04 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Replacement Windows

Started by Jam Jar Lurker, May 26, 2023, 01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam Jar Lurker

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a UK supplier of pre-cut perspex to replace my Smith/Capaldi windows?

Thanks,
Francis
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

mikey

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Jam Jar Lurker

"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

fivefingeredstyre

I've just these people a lot in the past and found them very reasonably priced.

https://www.simplyplastics.com/

Jam Jar Lurker

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on May 27, 2023, 08:11 amI've just these people a lot in the past and found them very reasonably priced.

https://www.simplyplastics.com/

Thanks Fivefingered.

Sadly I have water damage at one of the windows and the bottom of a corner post.

Francis

Volpone

That is the cost of an outdoor TARDIS and I think the rest of us would resent you at least on some small level if you didn't have to battle the elements at least a little. ;)  Shoot, even the original police boxes, while made of concrete, suffered from being outside.  Just look at how much work they have to put in on the Crich box.  That said, all the best on your maintenance and repairs. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: Jam Jar Lurker on May 28, 2023, 11:53 amThanks Fivefingered.

Sadly I have water damage at one of the windows and the bottom of a corner post.

Francis
Please, call me Steve!

I feel your pain. The longer they stand outside, the more maintenance you wind up needing to perform. You've only got to look at my thread to see how much patching up I've needed to carry out over the last twelve years or so...

Mind you some of that was down to my own naivety, though..

Jam Jar Lurker

Thanks everyone for your best wishes. @fivefingeredstyre has been particularly superb, reaching out to me and offering the benefits of his experience.

Hopefully send you all photos and a progress report in a week or two.

Francis