Apr 23, 2024, 11:49 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Classic Baker Sonic Dimensions

Started by Scarfwearer, Oct 07, 2009, 03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarfwearer

Oct 07, 2009, 03:23 pm Last Edit: Oct 22, 2012, 03:34 pm by Scarfwearer
Here's the plan I put together (purely from screen captures) for the Baker Sonic I made.
No claims of accuracy or anything, but I thought it might be helpful to someone.
sw-sonic.png
The sonic on my thread doesn't match these plans perfectly, as i couldn't find rods of the right diameters in the shops. I've since found places online that have a greater range of short lengths of tubing, however....

Crispin

seanclarke1

Oct 10, 2009, 05:10 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010, 10:42 pm by scarfwearer
Hello Crispin and all,

I thought I would take this opportunity to post a page from the Doctor Who Technical Manual.

classicsonics.jpg

For convenience of posting I have reduced the image to half size.

I think that the scale should be in Millmetres and not 'CENTIMETRES' as on the page.

The angled sonic screwdriver seems to be actual size and by and large complements (give or take a fraction of a millimetre) the Scarfwearer prop dimensions.

Anyway, here it is for anybody who is interested.

Best regards,
Sean Clarke.

geminitimelord

Oct 07, 2009, 07:02 pm #2 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010, 09:22 pm by scarfwearer
The real question is not the accuracy of the replica. I just want to know if it opens doors and such :)

metrosonus

Oct 10, 2009, 02:36 am #3 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010, 09:23 pm by scarfwearer
after reading your build thread i wanted to dig out my technical manual and give it a go. how representative would you say those plans are?

lswl

Thanks Scarfwear, I used your plans and made one up on my lathe and it looks great, now I just need to know where I can buy a Baker scarf
                          LSWL

alexcutler

Quote from: geminitimelord on Oct 07, 2009, 07:02 pmThe real question is not the accuracy of the replica. I just want to know if it opens doors and such :)

I open any door I can for a bearer of a sonic screwdriver!