1991 CBBC Flip Venus Lost Property TYJ Tardis

Started by warmcanofcoke, Jul 08, 2019, 06:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Jul 08, 2019, 06:12 pm Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019, 07:25 pm by warmcanofcoke
1991 CBBC Flip Venus Lost Property TYJ Tardis
Yardley Jones Box - Mk 1 (refurb)

CBBC - Flip Lost Property Dr Who Tardis 1980s
QuoteBack in the late 1980's / early 1990's there was a CBBC series about lost property offices called FLIP. Each episode was set in a different location and one episode was set on Venus. This led to some fun with Dr Who's Tardis appearing and disappearing. I only saved the Tardis parts. Clip also features Edward Peel (Kane in Dragonfire) wearing some other Who costumes. David Schneider features. No copyright infringement intended. This series doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere on the net. Taken from an old VHS.

QuoteApplemask
Applemask
9 months ago
Do you have any of the rest of this series? This is the first time I've seen a nanosecond of it in 28 years. Me and you are the only ones who remember it existed. (I reckon their mistake was to open with the one set on Venus, it made the rest seem dull by comparison)

QuoteAndy Row
Andy Row
5 months ago
Sadly all I had of it on VHS.. saved the Doctor Who bits but not the rest of the series. I did watch them all I think. You're right, the first was the best.

QuoteGreg Chapman
Greg Chapman
4 months ago
I remember it now. Forgotten about it. Yes, I did love this series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznKQe7NL_s

cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 01.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 01.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 02.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 02.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 03.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 03.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 04.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 04.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 05.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 05.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 06.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 06.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 07.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 07.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 08.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 08.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 09.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 09.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 10.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 10.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 11.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 11.jpg
cbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 12.jpgcbbc_flip_lost_property_dr_who_tardis 12.jpg

Couldn't find anything on Edward Peel's IMDB
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0670230/?ref_=tt_cl_t4#self

Any idea when this show aired? I'd like to add it to the
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9626.0
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

No More

This is probably difficult to track down.  The guy in the glasses has to be a young David Schneider but this isn't listed on his IMDB page or Wikipedia page.  Too small a show and too far back for anyone to have made much much of a note of it on the internet at the time, maybe.

warmcanofcoke

Jul 09, 2019, 12:59 pm #2 Last Edit: Jul 09, 2019, 01:14 pm by warmcanofcoke
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;k=519;topic=9749.0;attach=210391;image Battlefield 08.jpg Missing door handle, light blue paint job, Plastic beacon, ... I think this must have been filmed some time around http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9749.0 [Filmed: 13-14 May 1989]

Looks like we need to track down a Radio Times issue.

timewomble

Also features Soldeed's staff from the Horns of Nimon, and a partially built/disassembled Star Wars astromech droid (red, no head, so could be R5D4 or a red R2 unit).

warmcanofcoke

Jul 09, 2019, 01:31 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 10:05 pm by warmcanofcoke
Don't have my Mat Irvine VFX book to hand but I believe an R2 unit was made for The Goodies. So it could be the same one.

R2D2 Clone EBGB.jpgR2D2 Clone EBGB.jpg

warmcanofcoke

Jul 10, 2019, 04:37 am #5 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2019, 03:48 am by warmcanofcoke
Quote from: No More on Jul 09, 2019, 11:19 am
This is probably difficult to track down.  The guy in the glasses has to be a young David Schneider but this isn't listed on his IMDB page or Wikipedia page.  Too small a show and too far back for anyone to have made much much of a note of it on the internet at the time, maybe.

According to Radio Times Genome project:
https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?q=flip&svc=9371541#search

BBC1
Wednesday
2 October
FLIP
Comedy series. Federation of Lost International Property
Officer Heginbotham Single G and Flip Officer Hegginbotham Double G (no relation) are in line for the Flip Officers of the Year award. Unfortunately a rare bout of minus efficiency puts the award in jeopardy.  ● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
9 October
FLIP
Comedy series. Life was running smoothly for Raja and Timothy in the Federation of Lost International Property's India office until a stranger tapped into their computer. Written by Nigel Douglas  ● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
16 October
FLIP
Comedy series. It's an easy life at the Hollywood office - until
Josie fiddles with the computer. ● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
30 October
FLIP
Comedy series. The Jamaican Flip office is very untidy. ● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
6 November
FLIP
Comedy series. Delivery of a lost Flip computer causes problems for Papa and Ricco. • STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
20 November
FLIP
Comedy series. After 400 days on a desert island, Neil and Mr Hancock have started hearing voices. With Neil Mullarkey and Nick Hancock.
Written by Tim Firth and Tim De Jongh ● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
27 November
FLIP
Comedy series.
Mr Brindle is expecting the arrival of his new assistant. But
Shirley doesn't know whether she's coming or going. ● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
11 December
FLIP
Comedy series.
Football mad Bouncer and Curly run the Wembley lost property office with a little help from their friends.
● STEREO

BBC1
Wednesday
18 December
FLIP
Comedy series. Is Dr Emilius Slimebucket as evil as he seems? - Probably!  ● STEREO