Trial of a Time Lord space station - Zenobia

Started by vortexvisuals, Jun 21, 2019, 09:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vortexvisuals

Here is my model of the space station from Season 23 of Classic Doctor Who: The Trial of a Time Lord. The space station was eventually given the name Zenobia in the BBC Novel's 8th Doctor story entitled The Eight Doctors.

This took me a month to build & texture, and features on the official artwork for the Season 23 bluray boxset, due for release in September 2019.

trial_of_a_time_lord_space_station___zenobia_by_vortexvisuals_dd9voay-pre.jpg

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

exleo

Allways loved this design, and I stared at the model for hours when it was on display at Longleat, it was massive...... I can't wait for the Blu-rays to see your lovely work in action ;D

KIT-KAT

No, not the mind probe!

darren79

Great work, Vortexvisuals!

Such a shame that the original model was caught in the Longleat fire. I used to see it regularly on my frequent visits to MOMI's Doctor Who exhibition in the early 90's.

fivefingeredstyre

That's a terrible shame, I was going to ask if anyone knew what happened to the original model...

(Curse you K.9, you twisted fire Starter!)

omarvance

Is there a thread relating to exactly what was destroyed in that fire and the last known photos of the items?

darren79

Jun 25, 2019, 06:05 pm #7 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 06:05 pm by darren79
I know that The Visitation android and a cleaner ended up in a bad shape. I've seen a fire damaged photo of both of them.

vortexvisuals

As upsetting as it would be, does anyone have any photos of the damaged props? Or could anyone can shed any definitive light on the ultimate fate of the space station model?

warmcanofcoke

Jul 04, 2019, 08:07 pm #9 Last Edit: Jul 04, 2019, 08:54 pm by warmcanofcoke
Until I find a stash of images here are some shots.
'http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9829.0

DR WHO EXHIBITION The Fire 1996
http://www.drwholongleat.com/id3.html
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

d33j r093r5

I'm very late to this party! Shows how much attention I've been paying. Beautiful model! Really stunning  :o :o :o :)
ERROR READING DRIVE C: (A)BORT, (R)ETRY, (F)AIL (I)GNORE?