Apr 20, 2024, 06:14 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Sexy Box....West Nile Street, Glasgow (July 2014)

Started by petewilson, Dec 10, 2017, 04:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam Jar Lurker

"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

Kingpin

Nice photo, but God how I hate the modern advertising that keeps getting slapped on it.

Jam Jar Lurker

Aug 14, 2021, 03:05 pm #17 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2021, 03:07 pm by Jam Jar Lurker
PSX_20210814_151633.jpg
Our wee boy got to peek inside this refurbished box today (the branding is, perhaps, unfortunate).

Francïs

P.S. With the exception of the door, all the windows are currently boarded up.
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

Volpone

In other news, Tommy Chong has been announced as replacing Jodie Whittaker as the next Doctor. ;)
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Rassilons Rod

Sounds good to me 😁😂

Quote from: Volpone on Aug 14, 2021, 04:21 pmIn other news, Tommy Chong has been announced as replacing Jodie Whittaker as the next Doctor. ;)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

peterjohn

I still think the FIRST photo is the best!  ;D
Who's Tommy Chong...A famous druggie? ???

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: peterjohn on Aug 14, 2021, 05:55 pmI still think the FIRST photo is the best!  ;D
Who's Tommy Chong...A famous druggie? ???

Look up the Cheech and Chong movies 😁
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

scotland yard

I had the pleasure to be on Glasgow earlier this week and so I went to have a look at this box. I'm unsure if it still operates as the CBD oil thingy as I saw it outside of business hours on a Wednesday. The box isn't in the worst of shapes but it has seen better days - six windows boarded up  :o  with the remaining two looking very sorry, the front style is broken and coming off at the bottom, the box is dirty and someone clearly gave some - but not all - of the box a makeover with an ever so slightly different red (look at the corner post on the first picture and look for where the two shades of red meet - although subtle, that's not a trick of the light).

20230725_193936.jpg
20230726_184639.jpg
20230726_184709.jpg
20230725_193948.jpg
Oh my giddy aunt!!

Andrew Harvey

Ooooo! I have a real thing for a red box! First time I went to Glasgow the Wilson street box was red. ( My first box!)