Are there any full plans of the Ed Thomas interior?

Started by Sebo the German Potato, May 14, 2021, 04:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebo the German Potato

I want to make the 2005-2009 interior, but the problem is that I can't find any plans! There are literally none, and I've been searching for over 2 weeks now, so I guess I'll just go searching on here.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Sebo the German Potato on May 14, 2021, 04:59 pmI want to make the 2005-2009 interior, but the problem is that I can't find any plans! There are literally none, and I've been searching for over 2 weeks now, so I guess I'll just go searching on here.

i've searched a while too, maybe thsi needs to be a new colective project

Volpone

I have not searched, but I'll give you a little background about this site and the rebooted series. 

You probably know that awhile back the BBC acquired certain intellectual property rights to the image of a police box (much to the annoyance of the Metropolitan Police).  One of the keys to maintaining IP rights is to defend them.  So we've had to tread lightly regarding our little hobby.  The BBC has been in contact with some of the people who set up the board and as I understand it, the arrangement was that we were allowed to do whatever we wanted with regard to plans and designs for the classic series--as long as no one was making any money off it.  But at the time they were emphatic that we should not include any plans or measurements for the (then) new TARDIS.  Now that the show's been on...geez, has it really been 16 years?!...they've relaxed a bit and have let us discuss details of the new series TARDISes.  But I'm wondering if the reason there isn't any research on the 2005 control room is because at the time everyone was being careful not to anger the BBC and by the time they loosened things up, no one was really focused on the 2005 control room. 

Just thinking out loud here.  I could be completely wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was something like this. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Sebo the German Potato on May 14, 2021, 04:59 pmI want to make the 2005-2009 interior, but the problem is that I can't find any plans! There are literally none, and I've been searching for over 2 weeks now, so I guess I'll just go searching on here.

Tho there are still refrence channels for the consol, the coral pillards and more props inside. Also à couple of heights are known (the centre colonne and the doors for exemple)
Again, i'm sure we could work something out

Sebo the German Potato

Quote from: alextheyellowthing on May 15, 2021, 08:19 am

Tho there are still refrence channels for the consol, the coral pillards and more props inside. Also à couple of heights are known (the centre colonne and the doors for exemple)
Again, i'm sure we could work something out

I know that there are reference pictures, and now I have an idea, do you guys know project dalek? They have these little plan booklets for different daleks that you can download, and we could start putting these together for TARDIS's like the 2005-2009 TARDIS. Exterior and Interior plans all put together neatly in a little collection of plans, we would just need plans for the interior, and I think a certain member might be really helpful with making these plans.

scotland yard

We already have plans for all TARDISes and most consoles (and some console rooms). We just don't do them in booklets.
You'll notice Project Dalek frowns upon people posting their own plans by themselves, unlike here, where everyone can post whatever plans they want in the format you like (including booklets! - I'm thinking Tony Farrell's Sharp console booklet).

But, I think putting together plans for police boxes and console rooms won't be incredibly helpful. You'd be mixing up two related but ultimately different things together which are best kept separate.
Oh my giddy aunt!!

Sebo the German Potato

Quote from: scotland yard on May 15, 2021, 02:42 pmWe already have plans for all TARDISes and most consoles (and some console rooms). We just don't do them in booklets.
You'll notice Project Dalek frowns upon people posting their own plans by themselves, unlike here, where everyone can post whatever plans they want in the format you like (including booklets! - I'm thinking Tony Farrell's Sharp console booklet).

But, I think putting together plans for police boxes and console rooms won't be incredibly helpful. You'd be mixing up two related but ultimately different things together which are best kept separate.

true, but now that you mention it, we really do need some real coral plans, many friends of mine want to start making it too now and I would be really happy to help whenever I can with the plans

drgrackle

I have a threat dedicated to finding out the dimensions of the room.
https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9721.0
I actually had a model last year on Blender that really looked close, but I lost the file.