Apr 18, 2024, 01:59 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Richard Hudolin TV Movie TARDIS (1996)

Started by Dematerialiser, Feb 12, 2009, 02:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

Stolen from the DVD, shame its not very big - why are the McGann movie imagery so difficult to find!

vlcsnap-2014-10-13-13h41m37s147.jpg
Regards
David

KIT-KAT

i think this image is already on this site, but i haven't found it at this size and quality9ebe6386a742c6fbc5a829f7944acc90464bdf4a.jpg
No, not the mind probe!

russellsuthern

Great picture of a lovely box.
One of my all time absolute favourites!!

Russell

karsthotep

I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

Angelus Lupus

It has the chunkiness the NST wanted, but with the quarter-round and steps (and fresnel) that made the Police Box so beautiful.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

DoctorWho8

Old friend Purple did a commissioned model of this prop.  Came out extremely well.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/PBPropsandModels/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1947039068914330
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

davidnagel

Quote from: kitkat123 on Sep 17, 2017, 12:06 pm
i saw that, spent 10 minuets going mad and now i'm more motivated to build my own

But at which scale? ;)
Regards
David

KIT-KAT

in scale with the figures, i think its 1:13
No, not the mind probe!

peted

Thought I'd throw this pic up as I don't think I've seen it on here. Feel free to bin it off if it's already somewhere else.
IMG_7583.jpg

russellsuthern

Great pic of one of my favourite TARDIS designs!

Thanks for posting.

Russell

Angelus Lupus

Don't know about anyone else, but I've not seen that picture before, so thanks! For a time it seemed there was a lack of quality images of this box, but this one is really clear!
Whenever I try to mix-n-match my favourite classic and new elements to create my 'ideal' Tardis, it always ends up looking much like a Hudolin with minor signage/typeface changes. Probably because, until AWJ, it was the only box with the imposing solidness of a NST but also the quarter-rounds and classic signs.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Sofia Fox

Are the window panes and window frame flush with each other in this?
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.

davidnagel

Quote from: TrixieTiger1995 on Sep 26, 2019, 01:21 am
Are the window panes and window frame flush with each other in this?

I don't think they are no, I think... unless I'm mistaken... there is a white filter/screen over the back that isn't pressed up against the window frame. It creates this peculiar shadow in most of the studio bound photos. This screen is less evident in the film.
Regards
David

KIT-KAT

I have seen this before. Not on here but Clayton Hickman has a few more shots of it I believe somewhere on his Twitter. Might go for a dig later!
No, not the mind probe!

superrichi1a

It's so nice to see a decent picture of this box. I think it would be fair to describe it as somewhat... elusive? We don't have many clear shots of it, we only have shots from certain angles, and the lighting is always so varied that it's really difficult to even get a feel for what colour it is! I do also happen to think it looks absolutely phenomenal.

Thank you for sharing!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?