Apr 20, 2024, 10:07 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Good images of NST phone panel?

Started by yaytay, May 16, 2007, 07:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yaytay

May 16, 2007, 07:53 pm Last Edit: Apr 23, 2010, 10:53 am by Scarfwearer
Has anyone got a good, fairly large, picture of the new phone sign?
The best one I've got so far is from the large front-on image that used to be on wikipedia.

dalethetimelord

May 16, 2007, 08:07 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010, 10:27 am by scarfwearer
not noticed it... *blush of shame*

kiwidoc

May 16, 2007, 09:55 pm #2 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2013, 08:58 pm by Scarfwearer
Quote from: yaytay board=build thread=1179345210 post=1179345210Has anyone got a good, fairly large, picture of the new phone sign?
The best one I've got so far is from the large front-on image that used to be on wikipedia.

One from Breezy?
http://groups.msn.com/thetardisbuildersguild/2005box.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1165
Image003.jpg

EDIT: picture edited in for reference - SW

rasalon

how do you access the picture in sky drive? ???

galacticprobe

Jan 18, 2013, 06:37 am #4 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 06:37 am by galacticprobe
I believe you have to create a user account, similar to the way you had to set up one in order to post here. Only there it looks like they want your e-mail address as the username (sort of like creating a Google account to get gmail and such).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Scarfwearer

Jan 18, 2013, 10:45 am #5 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 11:17 am by Scarfwearer
Quote from: rasalon on Jan 18, 2013, 05:17 am
how do you access the picture in sky drive? ???

I copied this picture from Breezy's archive here on the forum: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=119. MSN groups is long gone, and the picture won't be on SkyDrive. For some reason they're now redirecting the long dead MSN groups URLs to SkyDrive.
MSN groups used to shrink pictures pretty small, so this is as good as it gets.

Crispin

ThisJustinOnline

ThisJustinOnline

Jan 18, 2013, 12:44 pm #7 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 12:46 pm by Primrodo
Just a few more. Some of these, including the above is from one of the BBC display ones and not used on the show.

12.jpg2253430574_39b94da63f_o.jpgd10-9c-041.jpg

pizzaroger123

galacticprobe

Jun 01, 2016, 05:23 am #9 Last Edit: Jun 01, 2016, 05:40 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: pizzaroger123 on Jun 01, 2016, 12:42 am
Who made it and/or how was it made?

Again, your question comes across as a bit abrupt, and sounds slightly rude. (A better way of asking could have been "Does anyone know who made these signs, and possibly how they were made?") Same question, but asked a little more politely, which is more likely to get you a reply. That said...

If you read a little more of what primrodo posted right after that, you would have seen that he said:
Quote from: Primrodo on Jan 18, 2013, 12:44 pm
Some of these, including the above is from one of the BBC display ones and not used on the show.

which indicate that those were made by the BBC Props Department for some display they were planning, but were not used on screen during the show's filming.

As to how they were made? My guess would be some dirtied white paint on a piece of sheet aluminum, then some sort of silk-screening to get the lettering in place, and then some "scuffing up" with a wire brush or the like to get those scratches on the metal, removing some of that dirty white paint so the silvery-looking aluminum shows through. And finally drilling a hole near each corner and attaching it to the door panel with rusted screws for that aged look.

That's just a guess. Since the BBC Props people made these, only they know for sure.

(Note: Just a suggestion, but in future, before you post a question, think of how it would sound if you asked it to someone, or someone asked it to you. If it sounds like it might be a little on the rude side, try thinking of a different way of asking the question so it sounds a little more polite, like the way it's shown above. A little politeness goes a very long way, especially in how people perceive you.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The_TARD1Sman

can anyone explain to me how the 2005 box phone sign was made and what its made out of?sign-C2.jpg

rob49152

Looks like white base coat, text is silk screened on. Then someone took a dremel to it to scuff it up.

Kingpin

With a base sheet of metal, possibly aluminium to allow the silver to shine through the scratches.