Mindwarp Models 04.jpgMindwarp Models 04.jpg
Mindwarp Models 05.jpgMindwarp Models 05.jpg
Mindwarp Models 06.jpgMindwarp Models 06.jpg
Mindwarp Models 07.jpgMindwarp Models 07.jpg
Mindwarp Models 08.jpgMindwarp Models 08.jpg
Mindwarp Models 09.jpgMindwarp Models 09.jpg
Mindwarp Models 10.jpgMindwarp Models 10.jpg
Mindwarp Models 11.jpgMindwarp Models 11.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

fivefingeredstyre

Here's a couple of shots I took of the actual model whilst it was on display at the 50th Anniversary convention.

Forgive the perspective - the models were on a very high shelf!

IMG_1157_zps5r1gorxo.jpg

IMG_1158_zpsqznsonov.jpg

Talking of perspective, the reason why the model has an elongated top cross rail above the windows is apparently so it could be easily recognisable as the TARDIS when viewed from above.

markofrani

I think this is another pic of the model...

Mike Tucker_Tardis model.jpg

ThymeLorde

Are we sure that this is the same model? The gap between the top of the windows and the bottom of the steps looks much smaller than in the photos from Fivefingeredstyre (or the screencaps from Warmcanofcoke). Everything else looks like it matches, but that gap looks too small to be the same model. Also visible in Styre's photos is a small divet in the signbox, below the "IC" in POLICE. I can't tell if I'm looking too hard for that divet in Coke's photo, but it appears to me that it is also visible there.

Alternatively, all of this could be chalked up to perspective and me "seeing patterns in things that aren't there".  ;D

TOATLTARDIScomparison.jpg
"An apple a day keeps the... no, never mind."

darren79

That model was the first thing that Mike Tucker built for Doctor Who.

markofrani

For a moment I thought you were right and that it was a different model. On a second look I now realise that the photo I posted has been doctored in Photoshop!
It looks like the height has been reduced causing the confusion.

Mike Tucker_Tardis model_a.jpg

ThymeLorde

Mar 10, 2019, 08:49 pm #6 Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019, 08:56 pm by ThymeLorde
Quote from: markofrani on Mar 10, 2019, 08:31 pm
For a moment I thought you were right and that it was a different model. On a second look I now realise that the photo I posted has been doctored in Photoshop!
It looks like the height has been reduced causing the confusion.

Mike Tucker_Tardis model_a.jpg

Oh, I hadn't noticed that! Yes, that would seem to explain the difference.

Regarding the divet in the signbox, perhaps it's not actually there in the screenshots from Trial. If it's not, then perhaps it was knocked around or something at some point. Do you know when the photograph you posted was taken? Perhaps it could give some insight into that aspect. If it was photographed before being filmed, then the possibility of that divet being there on the filmed model is still possible. if it was photographed after being filmed, then it wasn't there on the filmed model, and sustained the damage afterwards.

I'm fairly sure the sides are the same. I briefly considered the possibility that maybe the door sign was switched to a different side of the box, but looking at the photos again, multiple identical details can be seen, such as the top of the left window frame being rounded off on the inside, as well as the cut out for the window extending slightly past the window. The center stile also flexes out slightly towards the top, seen in both photos (the shadow in yours reveals this). Also visible is the corners of the cut out for the door sign being rounded on the bottom corners. Also, just BARELY visible in Styre's photos is a drip of paint that curves towards the right, also visible in your photo. I've also noticed the similar thing on both of the right corner posts, with paint that extends past the bottom-most panel.

The only thing that still bothers me is that little divet in the signbox (although, as I previously said, perhaps I'm looking too much into it!  ;D )

TOATLTARDIScomparison1.jpg

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: ThymeLorde on Mar 10, 2019, 08:49 pmThe only thing that still bothers me is that little divet in the signbox (although, as I previously said, perhaps I'm looking too much into it!  ;D )

TOATLTARDIScomparison1.jpg
Just my guess, but it looks like a chip to me. You can't get a clear enough look at that section on the Trial footage as the camera angle too looking down from above when that side of the box is in view. The chip could have occurred at any point in time between the photo's being taken. There's another one at the top of the lowest door panel which doesn't appear to be on Rani's picture either.

ThymeLorde

Honestly, I don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier. Yesterday was rough for me because of daylight savings time (which is a curse on humanity, if you ask me) and I wasn't running at 100%. A chip makes so much more sense than a "divet" being specifically put into the signbox.

Excuse me while I find a wall to bang my head on...  :-[

fivefingeredstyre

darren79

The model being built.

d06-7a-362.jpg

d06-7a-346.jpg