Rassilons Rod

Dec 13, 2009, 08:21 am Last Edit: Dec 13, 2009, 08:47 am by rassilonsrod
MindRobber01.jpg
MindRobber02.jpg
MindRobber03.jpg
MindRobber04.jpg
MindRobber05.jpg
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

markofrani

Mar 22, 2015, 11:18 am #1 Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 12:32 am by warmcanofcoke
Some pics of the actual model used in this sequence restored by the Prop Gallery...mike1.jpgnec-whotardisw.JPGTARDISmontage_1.jpg

Volpone

Interesting.  That looks the right size to be the TARDIS used for all the "TARDIS in space" shots during the Tom Baker era (although it seems to me like those ones look more like the pre-1966 full-sized prop than this one does). 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Mar 22, 2015, 06:34 pm #3 Last Edit: Mar 22, 2015, 06:37 pm by galacticprobe
Interesting seeing that little "eyebolt" on the center divide. I wonder if there is one on the other side as well. Also there is no lettering on the Top Signs. Now I'm wondering if there is even a Phone Panel anywhere on that little model, or if it's just a "blank" model. (In those B&W images - I think from "The Mind Robber" - there is also no signage on the model, so it obviously never had any to begin with. Still wondering about that Phone Panel, and whether or not this model had one.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Mark

I appreciate it is getting on abit in years, and was also probably mistreated by uncaring prop handlers however doesn't this prop look a little bit rough for such a large scale model?

I mean it's not that detailed is it?

markofrani

I believe the model was built specially for the exploding sequence in 'The Mind Robber', and therefore not much detail was actually required for this effect. Remember the sequence was filmed in black and white. It was dimly lit with a black background and the model was rotated to explode after a few seconds of filming. In the days before video playback, the viewer would most likely have accepted it was the Tardis without question.