Apr 26, 2024, 10:49 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Ghost Light Trio

Started by too_many_cars, Feb 11, 2019, 12:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

too_many_cars

Feb 11, 2019, 12:08 am Last Edit: Feb 11, 2019, 12:18 am by too_many_cars
I'll post build pictures later when I'm on a PC, but I just finished the antenna tracker so I now have the Ghost Light Trio with my Geiger counter and RFC floodlight snuff box I built last year.

The tracker is static (needed some beefy structure so it can take the strain of whipping an antenna around) but the Geiger has the same lighting pattern as seen on screen and has a 'cricket' noise device inside which uses a a photocell to make clicking noises.  Cover the cell with your thumb and you can 'scan' people and objects at will.

I showed the Geiger to Mike Tucker last year who was so kind and supportive - he told me that the Geiger looked 'amazingly close' and he loved the electronic nonsense inside.

I had him autograph a cover proof of the BBC book 'Storm Harvest' he wrote in the early 00s where the Geiger made an appearance.

995C17A9-1985-4E12-825C-B44FD5CBEE03.jpeg

Cardinal Hordriss

They all look amazing to me.

The signal tracker is one of my all time favourite gadgets of the Doctor's. I may have to have a go at a more accurate replica of my own now I've seen better pics of it.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

too_many_cars

I can send you the 3D print files for mine if you like.  The dish was the same size LEGO you used, the magnetic pickup tool is from Craftsman, and the whole structure is around a 1" OD 7/8" ID aluminum pipe.

Bondo over my extra screws and take out the screen graphic and you can have a screen accurate one, or enjoy the few period flourishes I added to make it look cleaner.

Cardinal Hordriss

That's a kind offer but I think I'd need to make it from bits so I can spray them separately as I'm not good with a paint brush.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...