Apr 18, 2024, 06:00 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

500 Year Diary

Started by mycroft, Feb 02, 2019, 10:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mycroft

I've noticed that there's not a thread on The 500 year Diary and as I'd like to make one I wondered, before I do, does anyone here have an details for it?

These are my observations/questions.
It looks brown in some photos, black in others (which is it?) I also think that there is a fake front cover on the book used (so was a rea book used?). The pages look as though they have coloured edging too. I also can't see if it's Hardback or Softback. I do have a black Hardback journal with a clasp that I could adapt, but would like to know more information if possible, including any thoughts re painting the writing on the front before I have a go, or look for something else.

Hope you guys can help? Your thoughts and would be most appreciated.

Thanks[noimg][/img]IMG_20190202_093428_edit.png

Scarfwearer

Feb 02, 2019, 07:56 pm #1 Last Edit: Feb 02, 2019, 07:56 pm by Scarfwearer
I've straightened the book up in GIMP so it's easier to see relative sizes and placements:

500-year-diary.jpg

The aspect ratio is guesswork. Should it be taller?

There are several pictures featuring it here: http://tragicalhistorytour.com/d02/2e/index.html
Some are in colour, and while pictures can be colourized they do seem to be consistent about it being brown (leather?)

Amusingly the '5' looks slightly odd - I wonder if they took a 100-year diary and changed the first digit? :D

mycroft

That's great, many thanks for the straightened up version. I'll also tak a look at the link.

mycroft

Anyone on here who has a good knowledge of Fonts? I just want to know if the Font on the 500 year diary is Time New Roman?

Also has anyone any tips on the best stencils to buy for me to achieve the lettering on the front cover.

Many thanks :)