Apr 25, 2024, 02:01 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Newbe Custom Sonic Screwdriver

Started by fjdwheat, Oct 05, 2018, 12:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fjdwheat

Again, I am very new to the the Who fan base, yeah the guy who built TARDIS and had never seen an episode of the show.  However, as I become a fan, and have seen a whole season  :D, if you have a TARDIS you should have a Sonic Screwdriver.  I have done a little digging and I know some have made Screwdrivers that are as close to the shows but others have made unique designs. I have decided to do a new original prop.  I hope as it comes together it meets the approval of truer fans than myself.  I have my gadget bin out and trying to get the right mix to get the feel that as soon as someone sees it, that is a Who fan, will know it is a Sonic Screwdriver.  Here is my progress so far.18C9A719-363B-404E-8285-BEBA1FB5DCA4.jpeg

galacticprobe

Oct 05, 2018, 07:07 am #1 Last Edit: Oct 05, 2018, 07:09 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: fjdwheat on Oct 05, 2018, 12:59 am
...if you have a TARDIS you should have a Sonic Screwdriver. ... I have decided to do a new original prop. I hope as it comes together it meets the approval of truer fans than myself.

I'm sure it will. "Truer fans" than you have made their own versions of the sonic screwdriver, so you're in great company there. With the custom builds of consoles, TARDISes (the hybrids that mix bits of the different versions into one, etc.), and sonic screwdrivers, I'm sure yours will wow us just like all of the others that have come before you.

So build away. We can't wait to see your take on the sonic screwdriver!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fjdwheat

Here are some options I came up with for my design.  I like the first one the best, but it is still a work in progress.  I would like it to light up and extend (that's what she said) but I may be asking to much.[attachid]22C64866-7B7E-4D4B-94C0-9F4D61C3B9F4.jpeg[/attachid][attachid]1C26CDC2-7A78-4E97-8560-551A15FEA3F1.jpeg[/attachid]

Volpone

Concur.  I like #1 best.  #2 is pretty good.  #3 doesn't do much for me.  I'd be kind of interested in seeing something like a motorcycle handlebar grip over the big silver bit. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

fjdwheat

The pic that would not upload for some reason was the extended version of the version I liked, and the silver bit I have been working on with option of hardware pieces or a grip like you mentioned.  I just fiddle at the bench trying different things and wondering what works best.

steve757

Man, that gadget bin pic was like looking under a Christmas tree!  Goodies galore!  Can't wait to see your final design........