Apr 19, 2024, 01:00 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Armageddon Factor Distress Single Device & Locator

Started by elkad, Sep 24, 2018, 07:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

In the episode The Armageddon Factor, the Doctor use a device, resembling a large flashlight, or torch known there, was use to find a distress call signal box device.
Looking around for Light parts for my Green Death Earphones, made me think of the signal box form this episode, manly because they use the same indicator light... I think. ???

d04-5f-c496.jpgd04-5f-c573.jpgd04-5f-c574.jpgd04-5f-c579.jpgd04-5f-c580.jpgd04-5f-c613.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

Great pics, thanks for going to the effort. I may have a go at the detector thingy.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

elkad

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Sep 25, 2018, 02:56 pm
Great pics, thanks for going to the effort. I may have a go at the detector thingy.

For starters, look for a flashlight / torch, that looks slimier to this one.

Say like this 6v LED flashlight.

6v LED Falshlight.jpg

And for the dome you can use one of two items like a replacement security camera dome cover, or a cheap hobby clear plastic Christmas ornament.

5-6-INCH-Acrylic-Indoor-Outdoor-CCTV-Replacement-Panasonic-type-Clear-Camera-Dome-Housing-Security-Dome.jpgs-l300.jpg41M6RBD60TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For the camera dome, it may be expensive, but it has ready made dried holes to attached to the light. As for the Christmas ornament, cheaper & just a little extra work making & glutting a plastic ring around the bottom of the sphere half.

Anyway, love to see your work on it in one of the threads.

elkad

Forgot a size reference image & highlight of the signal box angels.

d04-5f-c600.jpgd04-5f-c496 edit.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: elkad on Sep 27, 2018, 06:35 pm
For starters, look for a flashlight / torch, that looks slimier to this one.

And for the dome you can use one of two items like a replacement security camera dome cover, or a cheap hobby clear plastic Christmas ornament.

For the camera dome, it may be expensive, but it has ready made dried holes to attached to the light. As for the Christmas ornament, cheaper & just a little extra work making & glutting a plastic ring around the bottom of the sphere half.

Anyway, love to see your work on it in one of the threads.

Thanks for that!
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

maddavros

The item you'd labelled as a 'Strobe Light Indicator' seems to be the wheel of a toy / model car!

elkad

Quote from: maddavros on Sep 28, 2018, 12:00 pm
The item you'd labelled as a 'Strobe Light Indicator' seems to be the wheel of a toy / model car!

Relay?... ???

Looks like a dented "CED P-L122 JEWEL SCREW LENS FOR PILOT LAMP LIGHT BULB VINTAGE AMP CLEAR" indicator light.

CED P-L122 JEWEL SCREW LENS FOR PILOT LAMP LIGHT BULB VINTAGE AMP CLEAR A.jpgCED P-L122 JEWEL SCREW LENS FOR PILOT LAMP LIGHT BULB VINTAGE AMP CLEAR B.jpg

karsthotep

I'm seeing a jewel lens/light as well.  I think Elkad is correct
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

galacticprobe

Sep 29, 2018, 06:51 am #8 Last Edit: Sep 29, 2018, 06:54 am by galacticprobe
Throwing more 'Hmmm, what if?'s into the mix...

Strobe-or-NotStrobe.jpg
Cropped and lightened from the original up-thread.

What I see for that "thingy" in the center could also be the chrome-plated plastic wheel rim from a model car kit. (Notice the fancy chromed spokes heading from the rim into the center, where that "hub" could be one of those fancy centerpieces custom car rims and wheel covers have on them?)

Whatever it is, it's certainly not a faceted indicator lens cover as pictured above. It wouldn't look so uniform with the pattern if it was.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Cardinal Hordriss

For what it is worth it appears to me to look more like the wheel than the jewel. It looks far too uniform in the way it catches the light and appears to have a central hub.

elkad

For testing, I could look around for some toys with spoke wheels, add a plastic film under it & light it to see if in fact if that is a toy wheel.

Anyone have a pic of the light lit up for a reference?

elkad

Just made a drawing of the Jrax SOS Box. Let me know what you think.
The back has a battery compartment.

Armageddon Factor Distress Signal Box.jpgArmageddon Factor Distress Signal Box back.jpg

elkad