Apr 27, 2024, 03:48 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

RogueTimelord's Sonic Screwdriver MK II

Started by roguetimelord, Jul 31, 2018, 09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

roguetimelord

Jul 31, 2018, 09:20 pm Last Edit: Jul 31, 2018, 10:39 pm by roguetimelord
This is my second main sonic screwdriver project, after collecting some more "junk" or random bits, and after being a little bored, I decided to build another sonic.
There wasn't much planning to this design, I just put some pieces next to each other and thought about how well they went.

Here's version 1, at this stage, I wanted to extend the sonic more, but it was a start.

20180730_190608.jpg

Then, after adding some more pieces, I got to something that I liked the look of. I planned to cut the cone-ish shape of the black plastic (Pretty sure it came from a bike lock), then the blue light would go inside where the switch would be where the hole is. I realised afterwards that the switch would've been too high up to activate without it being awkward to handle...

20180731_192117.jpg

roguetimelord

Jul 31, 2018, 10:40 pm #1 Last Edit: Aug 01, 2018, 08:13 am by roguetimelord
I'm intending to design the sonic so that the light can be removed and replaced with another colour. I'm not sure how I would ensure the two halves of the sonic could be separated, maybe by drilling screws into the bottom of the black plastic into the grey plastic. The picture below depicts what I think the foundations of the sonic will be, and I will add more detail later...

Sonic MK II WIP (3).jpg

Then I decided to use this smooth/rounded off piece of glass as a crystal emitter for the sonic, so I tested how the top half of the sonic would look when activated.

Sonic MK II WIP (4).jpg