Apr 19, 2024, 05:54 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TomElectrode's Timey Wimey detector

Started by tomelectrode, Jul 21, 2018, 12:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tomelectrode

Jul 21, 2018, 12:55 am Last Edit: Jul 21, 2018, 02:29 pm by tomelectrode
I needed a fun prop to carry at Comic Con.  My wife and I Cosplay as the Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler.  I made her a BFG (from Stolen Earth) to haul around!20180720_115500.jpg20180720_115431.jpg20180720_115259.jpg20180720_115324.jpg
TomElectrode

Angelus Lupus

Nice!  :o
Does it go 'ding!'?  ;D
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

The14thDr

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jul 21, 2018, 12:03 pm
Does it go 'ding!'?  ;D

Only when there's "stuff". ;)

This is a wonderful replica, tomelectrode! (And welcome aboard! As I'm sure Dino will tell you at some point: we love photos!! so you're off to a great start. ;D) Where did you get the postcard, if I may ask?
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

tomelectrode

It does go "Ding" when there's stuff!  I put in a bell from and old rotary telephone, and the clapper hits the bell when the unit is jiggled around.  The postcard is the EXACT image used in the real prop.  It's a picture of Blackpool from a BBC web page, modified with the text.  It took forever to find, but I was so excited when I found the match!  I 3D printed the body and handle of my replica, because I couldn't find correct pieces (KB Lyric radio, Morphy Richards Iron handle).  There's a motor to turn the reels when a button in the handle grip is pushed, and a blue LED to light up the rectifier tube. original.jpgblackpool_tower302.jpg
TomElectrode

galacticprobe

Jul 21, 2018, 04:28 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2018, 04:28 pm by galacticprobe
This is amazing, as is your Rose "BFG"! Nicely done! (And yes, we... love... photos!) I don't suppose you have some "in progress" photos taken during the building process of these two replicas, do you? If you do, we would love to see even a small Build Diary for each one.

If you don't have photos like that, you could post more in each Gallery, focusing on parts of the replicas, and tell us where you found them, or how you made them - sort of like you did with this replica, but using photos of the parts you talk about to highlight them.

Brilliant work on both replicas! I hope we'll be seeing more of your work on here soon.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

That's brilliant.

Love it.

Russell

davidnagel

Nicely done! But where's the explanation on how and what with eh!
Regards
David

karsthotep

I too wouldn't mind seeing your process for building this and the BFG.  I know a lot of members here would love to see the process in case some of them might want to tackle these props. 
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"