Apr 18, 2024, 11:16 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

4th Doctor cosplay

Started by russellsuthern, Apr 10, 2018, 12:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redfern

Oct 21, 2020, 05:47 pm #420 Last Edit: Oct 22, 2020, 01:39 pm by redfern
Even though I was in my early twenties when I first saw this serial, that scene really unnerved me!  If I stumble across it on "Pluto TV" (a "free" TV streaming service on the net), I'm grateful I've usually caught it a bit later in the episode.  "Well, I missed that scene...thankfully!"  And I say this being nearly 58 years old.  I also can not deal with the audio during the infamous transporter accident in "Star Trek: the Motion Picture".  When that scene draws near, I mute the sound until Kirk has left the room.  There is something utterly "Lovecraftian" about those "shrieks" that more than offset the almost "cheap" looking "distortion" optical.

Sincerely,

Bill

russellsuthern

"K-9?"

"Yes Master?"

"Do you think anyone will notice if I include a gratuitous picture of you shooting an Ogri?"

"Negative,Master."

"Right- I'll do it!"

"Affirmative, Master!"

s58.jpg

That's it for "Stones of Blood."

See you on the flip side for "The Prisoner of Zenda."

Sorry, I meant: "The Androids of Tara!"   ;D

Cheers,

Russ

davidnagel

Quote from: russellsuthern on Oct 24, 2020, 06:56 amSorry, I meant: "The Androids of Tara!"   ;D

Can't wait to see how you tackle Romana's costume ;)
Regards
David

russellsuthern

Ah, Well...

I think everyone's probably had enough of my Romana for the time being  ;D

Plus, it looks like quite a tricky ensemble, so I think I'll be mostly focusing on Tom playing with swords for this one...
Which I think will be a great relief to everyone!   :o

Cheers!

Russell

karsthotep

Quote from: russellsuthern on Oct 24, 2020, 01:02 pmAh, Well...

I think everyone's probably had enough of my Romana for the time being  ;D

Russell

Phew..thank god..oh..i Mean awwwwww that's too bad!!!!!!

:P ;)

Karst
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

russellsuthern

I knew you'd be disappointed!

In AOT, Tom wears pretty much the same garb as SOB.

One scene I really wanted to do was Tom playing K-9 at chess, as I missed out on doing that one in The Sunmakers.

So that's what I did!

Original first, then my recreation:

aot 1.jpg

aot 2.jpg

I was really pleased with this one as I think it turned out pretty close to the original.

I used to love chess as a kid & was a member of the chess club at school, but then I just drifted away from playing it.
I bought a cheapo chess set from EBay for the photo & my wife asked if I could teach her how to play, so we are playing almost every day now, which is an added bonus!
Although she is already beating me a bit too often for my liking...

Hope you like...

Regards,

Russ

Jam Jar Lurker

"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

redfern

Quote from: russellsuthern on Oct 25, 2020, 08:48 amI bought a cheapo chess set from EBay for the photo & my wife asked if I could teach her how to play, so we are playing almost every day now, which is an added bonus!

Although she is already beating me a bit too often for my liking...

So...the student is quickly becoming...dare I say it...the Master?

*** SPLUT!!! ***

What the...?!  How does somebody throw a rotten tomato through the internet?!

russellsuthern

"She who must be obeyed" is like a combination of The Master & The Rani-  keeps me in check in more ways than one!!

(Boom Boom...)

Russ

russellsuthern

Hi all,

The Doctor's little timer device for his chess game was a quick build that came out a lot better than I thought it was going to.

So here's some pictures showing it in a bit more detail:

aot 5.jpg

aot 6.jpg

aot 7.jpg

aot 8.jpg

aot 9.jpg

aot 10.jpg

I'm quite pleased with it, especially as it is just cardboard with a couple of plastic food pots for the clock faces.
I guess it's all in the painting & weathering...  ;D

aot 11.jpg

Hope you like.

Best regards,

Russell

scotland yard

You know, I thought it was a real timer... that's how good you are.
Oh my giddy aunt!!

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: scotland yard on Oct 26, 2020, 09:53 amYou know, I thought it was a real timer... that's how good you are.
So did I!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

russellsuthern

Ha! Nailed it!
I'm a happy man.

PS: I'm doing my little happy dance now.

PPS: You don't want to see my little happy dance... :o

Thanks!

Russell

phillbarron

Add my me too too this - genuinely thought it was real.

Jade

OMG that's amazing. Add me to the list of people who thought it was real.