Apr 20, 2024, 01:42 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Awesome Public Library Box

Started by mobius, Jun 03, 2014, 03:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mobius

Jun 03, 2014, 03:54 am Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 06:31 pm by Scarfwearer
I think if it's ok I'll just add my recent sightings to my thread on here, makes my life simpler anyway. this is a book drop, book return box at my local library, not sure about the overuse of the word "awesome" -feels like trying too hard to appeal to kids, but it's a darn cool thing anyway, with the classic required quote on it!

20140529_123159.jpg20140529_123207.jpg20140529_123218.jpg20140529_123225.jpg20140529_123249.jpg
It's always a matter of time...

DoctorWho8

Awesome! :D
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

mobius

minor update, the Salem electric box Tardis is still painted that way! I was nearby lighting my Rocky Horror cast last friday, and will be again this week. October is our busiest month. maybe I can get a night shot of it.

mobius

A bunch of exciting new Tardis sightings near me!
First, the "Awesome" box, moved from the main branch of the library to another branch, a pic to follow, or 2,  A suspiciously blue door, with a Jelly jar fresnel light outside, Whovian? Could be... also a console and Tardis from Boston Comic Con earlier this year, I told the 6th Doctor there I couldn't be "Gentile" with the console as I'm Jewish. He didn't get my joke. d: I know that Tardis has been seen in this site before, and at other local conventions, lovely box it is too.
Whilst driving along route 9 I spotted a blue box on a side street, the next day I drove back to check it out, and indeed, it's a Tardis little free library, the doors are starting to rot a bit, sadly, but it's still full of books! Made me want to make one of those, it's on the very long to-do list now.
Lastly, I was in an automobile accident, someone slammed into the back of my minivan, destroying the window, the back door (liftgate) and my St John's emblem bumper sticker. No one was hurt, the other driver's insurance paid the $5,000. to fix it, and I asked them to paint the new door black instead of red, which they found odd, but agreed to, I think it looks cool, also my old bumper sticker was black ink on a clear sticker, and didn't really show up very well on my dark red van, I had been meaning to get a new one, white ink on a clear background, and thought I had bought one, but realised when I was about to put it on, it wasn't the kind of sticker I thought it was, also I can't get it to work anyway, so I poked around and found a site that makes custom stickers and got one close enough, wanted a clear sticker, but got a black one with a white logo on. Bigger than the old one, and very visible! Most people won't get the reference, but the right people will get it.

and now said photos.

20170322_172840.jpg
20170322_172824.jpg
20170322_172746.jpg
20170322_172756.jpg

20170718_164553.jpg

20170812_093617.jpg
20170812_093610.jpg
20170812_093627.jpg
20170812_093726.jpg
20170812_093814.jpg

tbox1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg
t4.jpg
t5.jpg

van1.jpg
van2.jpg
v3.jpg

galacticprobe

Nov 23, 2017, 09:48 pm #4 Last Edit: Nov 23, 2017, 09:49 pm by galacticprobe
Great TARDIS finds, mobius! That St. John Ambulance logo sticker looks good, too: negative image - haven't seen one like that yet. And you're right; the black liftback does look good with the red van. Sorry to hear about the rear-ending, though. Glad no one was hurt. I had that happen to me once... no injuries there either, but it still wasn't fun having to go through all that insurance grief, and then wait for your faithful transport to get repaired.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Some great pics there, Mobius!
I love an unexpected TARDIS sighting, (along with unexpected Dalek sightings!)
Always sends a shiver of excitement down my spine!

I really love those little free libraries- anything that gets people reading has got to be a good thing.

Regards,

Russell

Volpone

That TARDIS looks, apart from the phone panel, to be a pretty dead-on Hudolin/McGann TARDIS. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Angelus Lupus

Nov 24, 2017, 04:20 pm #7 Last Edit: Nov 24, 2017, 04:20 pm by Angelus Lupus
Quote from: Volpone on Nov 24, 2017, 01:51 pm
That TARDIS looks, apart from the phone panel, to be a pretty dead-on Hudolin/McGann TARDIS.
It certainly is a beauty! And the builder/owner can always swap the PTO if the mood takes them  ;D
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Mark

I have to agree with you Dino, and I couldn't help but dwell on it! LoL.

Well the console is 3/4 original genuine TARDIS. You can certainly see the plinth, hexagonal belt and time rotor are the ones from the Mike Kelt console. I don't think it really brings anything else to that specific console as far as reference material but maybe a link should anyone wish to see it?

mobius

A friend photographed this in Uxbridge (Massachusetts, not in the UK) tonight. Uxbridge MA 12-2-17.jpg
One of ours?

mobius

I found the address of the house with the Tardis little free library in front, ( 78 Brington Rd Brookline, Massachusetts) but the google maps street view pic was taken 3 years ago and it wasn't up yet at that point so you can't see it there :(