1:7 1969-70 TARDIS Exterior Build

Started by Sofia Fox, Mar 04, 2018, 01:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofia Fox

Mar 04, 2018, 01:34 am Last Edit: Oct 13, 2018, 08:25 am by TigerMan1995
Well, it finally starts:
Got the three of four wall panels with the stepped portions glued together
Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 6.30.08 PM.png
And a bit of a tricky and fiddly matter with the sign box and left-front (i guess?) post.
Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 6.29.57 PM.png
Well, I'd do the last wall panel to stepped section and call it a night.
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.

Sofia Fox

Well, I have to wait until I get ahold of some model filler as the last stepped sections is missing a bit out of it.
Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 6.38.37 PM.png
So, yeah, I might then finish off the sign box/post predicament and do the second one of that and then call it a night.

Sofia Fox

Okay the first two post/sign box assembly is complete just allowing to get a good seal and the second one should be finished by tomorrow. I still have to fill in the missing bits out of the 4th stepped section.

Sofia Fox

adding this as a comment because it's not that much of an issue at the moment but should the stepped section/door wall and two post/sign bon assembly go together as a tight fit (as in hard to fit into but once in it will be tight) or a bit looser (easier to put together but will be a good connection with glue)? because I have the tighter fit one

Sofia Fox

We've hit a casualty on the four panels. As you can see, I have to fix them. I had them in storage while I've gathered the supplies.
I still don't have all of them but here's the worst panel.
Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 1.23.12 AM.jpg
See you next post.

fivefingeredstyre

You might already be aware of this, but that should be easy enough to fix with a heat gun. If you don't have access to one of those a large-ish hairdryer would work just as well...

Alternatively you could leave it to soak for a while in a bowl of hot water.

Sofia Fox

I've looked at the instructions and it told me to place it into hot water and reshape it back into the intended shape, that had no luck whatsoever. I might have to sit it aside again since most of the pieces are warped.

fivefingeredstyre

It should reshape itself in hot water if you leave it long enough. Resin becomes really pliable if heated, how did you store it? was it against anything warm?

Sofia Fox

Oct 13, 2018, 09:06 pm #8 Last Edit: Oct 13, 2018, 09:06 pm by TigerMan1995
I had stored in a plastic box with my War Doctor Console build on top of it in my garage.

Davros Skaro

What if you lay them upside down with a weight on them, in a low heat, warmish, oven with the door open, that might flatten them out again for you?

Chris.
Chris.

Sofia Fox

I was able to get warm enough to try to flex it back into shape but, no avail.