Apr 18, 2024, 09:03 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

How Scarfwearer's Brachacki gets Altered

Started by Scarfwearer, Mar 26, 2018, 09:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarfwearer

pic21.jpgSo here's my attempt at the prop as it appeared after the War Machines 'refit' -  which as far as we can tell was really the assembly of a new prop from a collection of existing parts.

Scarfwearer

pic22.jpgBut it didn't end there. At some point the front left post was damaged and lost the outer corner quadrant molding. The fix was to move the side plate forward to nearly cover the gap. There are gaps either side of the steps on the left wall, and the whole wall is shifted slightly to centralise it (which I think I hadn't quite done when this photo was taken).

Scarfwearer

pic23.jpgLater, the back left post was also damaged and lost some of its width along the back. In joining the surviving parts together, the whole left wall was tilted inward to close the gap.
Note also the appearance of an eye-ring central on the left wall just under the steps. There's another on the back...

Scarfwearer

pic25.jpgAt some point the right hand door sprouted a handle, and the phone door sign was not only replaced with a light-on-dark version, but was hinged on the right rather than the left. I left out an earlier stage where the phone door was mounted on the right hand door for a season.

Scarfwearer

pic26.jpgIn about 1970 the base was cut down or replaced with one barely larger than the width of the posts.

Scarfwearer

pic27.jpgFinally the second roof expansion occurred, producing a roof that could actually be attached to the side walls with loose-pin hinges.
At some point the left sign box lost its sign also.

This is by no means a comprehensive history of the changes of the prop, but highlights the major changes as I understand them, and shows how I incorporated them. For more detail I refer you to Tony Farrell's excellent history article here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4489.msg51890#msg51890