Mar 29, 2024, 11:08 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Magnet

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Oct 30, 2019, 04:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

I don't think you ever see it but there is reference to a green light so I'm claiming this 2 minute build to be totally screen accurate and the definitive replica of the prop lol.

20191030_160540.jpg

20191030_160555.jpg

20191030_160611.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Davros Skaro

I've seen those bits before, but can't think where or what from, could you let us know what you used to make this please?

Chris.
Chris.

Cardinal Hordriss

Some bits from a 3D printer and a few add-ons from my bits box.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

elkad

Nov 02, 2019, 03:41 pm #4 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2019, 03:44 pm by elkad
The "Tardis Magnet" was mentioned only on the episode "The Chase". Ian was given what looked like a ball with a spinning handle or something on the top. This was only seen in a couple scenes where you can barley see it. Today we would call it a "Tardis Tracking Device."

d01-1r-c052.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

Well that's ruined everything...

lol

Cardinal Hordriss

In light of new evidence - all joking a side thanks elkad, I've had another go, pics tomorrow should daylight occur at some point.

KIT-KAT

Wish I was a TARDIS magnet.  :(
No, not the mind probe!

Cardinal Hordriss

I'm not sure about the protruding bit in the screen grab but it has the green light, looks about the same at the same angle as in the screen grab and looks straight out of a 60s scifi.

20191103_151200.jpg

20191103_151237.jpg

Davros Skaro

That looks like it's made from 2 wooden balls cut to fit together with an antenna added down the center with a green bead on the end. looks good.

You make that or is that from the show, as I don't remember seeing it?

Chris.
Chris.

Cardinal Hordriss

Nov 04, 2019, 02:03 am #10 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019, 02:45 am by Cardinal Hordriss
It's one metal ball from the top of a kitchen roll holder and another from a bed post. The green ball is from a bit of 11th Doctor sonic that was in my bits box.

It's an attempt at a prop from the 1st Doctor story The Chase.

Watching the story again the original has some sort of spinning part which on this would probably fit around the bit between the top sphere and the antenna.

Cardinal Hordriss

Alternatively -

20191104_130226.jpg

20191104_130242.jpg