Apr 16, 2024, 10:44 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Family of Blood

Started by Davros Skaro, Feb 01, 2018, 10:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Davros Skaro

Feb 01, 2018, 10:31 am Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018, 11:42 pm by Davros Skaro
I think this is the right place for this. I didn't actually make this one myself, my step son (wife's son who lives with us & likes Doctor Who as well) made this for Halloween just gone. I know, it's 3 months ago, but it was brilliant. Enough talk, here are some pics of the night day er ... costume.

100_0072.JPG
100_0084.JPG
This is with his brother  dressed from another show I know not.
100_0086.JPG
100_0088.JPG

Chris.
Chris.

russellsuthern

Looks great!

I love to see costumes on TB...

After all, as Dino always says, costumes are props made of cloth!

Russell

BioDoctor900

Looks good, and the other costume is a White Walker from Game of Thrones

BioDoctor900

karsthotep

who is in the cat costume in the first picture..very life like :P
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

galacticprobe

Feb 01, 2018, 06:49 pm #4 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018, 06:53 pm by galacticprobe
The one thing everyone's left out in their comments was "Creep Out Factor 10"! (I've always been creeped out by angel statues; "Blink" has only amplified that. The same goes for scarecrows and "Human Nature"/"The Family Of Blood"!)

Both costumes are brilliant, and thanks to BioDoc for the ID on that other creepy thing. (Not a fan of 'Game Of Thrones' myself, but I can appreciate all the hard work that people put into their prop and costume replicas, just as I can with the hard work people put into their TARDIS and console builds - real and virtual - even though the particular TARDIS or console is not high on my "Like" list.)

Quote from: karsthotep on Feb 01, 2018, 01:29 pm

Yeah, I was going to comment on this one as well. That looks like my cat, Tylwyth (a.k.a. Terrible Tilly)! I guess we have more in common than we realized, Chris, right down to the cat! ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Davros Skaro

Feb 01, 2018, 11:07 pm #5 Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018, 11:49 pm by Davros Skaro
Thanks guys for the great comments, the boys did great work & a good evening was had by all.
Quote from: BioDoctor900 on Feb 01, 2018, 01:12 pm
Looks good, and the other costume is a White Walker from Game of Thrones

BioDoctor900

That's the one, couldn't think of the name. Thanks.

HAHAHA, yep , that's our cat, 8 years old, named Indiana (Indy), when we got him as a kitten we were renting & I had boxes stacked 10 foot high & he would climb up to the top of them & look down on us, hence the name.  :D

Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 01, 2018, 06:49 pm
The one thing everyone's left out in their comments was "Creep Out Factor 10"! (I've always been creeped out by angel statues; "Blink" has only amplified that. The same goes for scarecrows and "Human Nature"/"The Family Of Blood"!)

Both costumes are brilliant, and thanks to BioDoc for the ID on that other creepy thing. (Not a fan of 'Game Of Thrones' myself, but I can appreciate all the hard work that people put into their prop and costume replicas, just as I can with the hard work people put into their TARDIS and console builds - real and virtual - even though the particular TARDIS or console is not high on my "Like" list.)

Yeah, I was going to comment on this one as well. That looks like my cat, Tylwyth (a.k.a. Terrible Tilly)! I guess we have more in common than we realized, Chris, right down to the cat! ;D

Dino.

WOW, another cat /animal lover.  :D
I'm not into game of thrones, but the boys are & opening the door to him was a real shocker too. We think the Weeping Angles & scarecrows are creepy as well, still get chills when we see the around the place.

Also added another pic to the main group.

Chris.
Chris.