Apr 19, 2024, 10:09 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's Image Translation Circuit

Started by BioDoctor900, Jan 23, 2018, 08:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted anything on here, I've been planning props, writing a list of what needs doing on the console, having to find a new job and put up with family issues, so it's been a interesting few months

But enough of my problems, today I built this little gizmo. I've had a reference image of this on my laptop for ages from the reference thread...like seriously I have folders for each of the new series props, ie. Series 1, Series 2, ect, a Misc folder, concept art and then the Classic series props

So this took about an hour or so to make. I had some Perspex knocking about, so I cut them down to 4cm x 4cm and then drilled holes in the corners for the copper rod. This was using a 1.5mm drill bit. I have a box load of old circuit boards, so found the correct diodes and resistors and then added the small piece of circuit board at the bottom. The crystal in the middle is a blind pull which I bought ages ago, but works perfectly for this. I super glued the diodes on the acrylic and circuit board, drilled a hole for an audio jack at the top, as a way to connect it to the console. I then added the orange wires which I wrapped around a knitting needle, soldered the ends to the circuit board and then glued them to the other. I then glued on then wall plug, which was the only thing I could find to resemble the red thing at the top, and et voila

It measures 9.5cm tall

IMG_20180123_192918.jpg

And in its natural habitat

IMG_20180123_193253.jpg

This is the image I worked from...

vlcsnap-2016-07-03-18h11m58s212.jpg

Overall I'm rather happy with it, and hopefully it might help some other people with making one as the screenshots are a bit blurry

Thoughts?

BioDoctor900

Davros Skaro

Very nicely done, looks the job, good one Bio!

Chris.
Chris.

davidnagel

"Leg up, Adric?"

Nicely done sir! Love a bit of classic obscure props.
Regards
David