Apr 19, 2024, 07:03 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Captain’s Tardis build!

Started by captain_who, Jan 08, 2018, 03:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Volpone

Yeah, don't worry too much about the cuts being perfect.  That's what various fillers are for.  Wood putty, silicone AND latex caulk, rubber roof patching compound, and even premixed thin-set mortar are all represented on my TARDIS.  Some are for texture, some are for waterproofing, some patches rot, and some disguises bad cuts. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

captain_who

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support.  Couple of days I'm going to be buying a sander so that might smooth out everything. Then after I've put the pieces together I'll probably use some type of filler as recommended by a couple of you.

captain_who

Made some small progress today. Glued and screwed the corners. Going to have to use wood filler for most of the corners. And I cut the cross-sections for the floor.5F16DB9E-91C0-458F-8274-259DAA7BCFBB.jpeg

captain_who

Did a test of what the posts will look like. Now to cut them and glue them. F57E6023-ACDA-41F8-9E8F-3784CB49E759.jpeg

russellsuthern

Are you going to put notches in them?  ;)

Look forward to seeing more progress!

Russ

galacticprobe

Mar 22, 2018, 09:58 pm #35 Last Edit: Mar 22, 2018, 10:05 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 22, 2018, 02:58 pm
Look forward to seeing more progress!

This part I like, and totally agree with!

Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 22, 2018, 02:58 pm
Are you going to put notches in them?  ;)

Russell, as my great-grandmother would tell me on occasion: "Don't be a noodge!" :D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Oh, come on Dino, Don't spoil my fun... I love a good noodge!!

;D

Russ

captain_who

Lol yes I will be putting the notches in them. ;)

galacticprobe

Mar 25, 2018, 04:43 am #38 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2018, 04:43 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: captain_who on Mar 25, 2018, 03:21 am
Lol yes I will be putting the notches in them. ;)

Daffy-Despicable.jpg
You'rrrre dith-picable!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Ha ha!!!!!

Notches are the new bow ties.

"I have notches now. Notches are cool..." ;D

Russell

evil bob

I am building my TARDIS with nachos.

karsthotep

I think this thread is Buenos Notches
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

russellsuthern

My build didn't have any notches, but plenty of botches!!!!!!!!!!! ::) :o

Russ

galacticprobe

Mar 27, 2018, 04:28 am #43 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2018, 04:31 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 26, 2018, 10:57 am
Notches are the new bow ties.

Insult not the bow ties! (And yes, I have a decent collection of bow ties, and wear them when needed... and I can actually tie them!)

Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 26, 2018, 10:57 am
"I have notches now. Notches are cool..." ;D

"I've got a touch of hangover bureaucrat. Don't push me." -G. W. McLintock; "McLintock!"

Dino.