Apr 23, 2024, 07:45 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

'Ghostlight' TARDIS Key.

Started by Organic Mechanic, Jun 24, 2011, 11:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Organic Mechanic

Tell you what Rassilonsrod, if the DWE is genuine I think you just published the clearest picture to date. lol

Honestly though, the keys in that display the_doctor posted (thanks for the well wishes BTW) don't seem to match any of the "Screen Used Key" pictures we've seen before. Hard to tell from an angle though.

lswl, at the price I'm sure it will go for, the thing would have to open an actual, functioning TARDIS. lol

lswl

Quote from: Organic Mechanic on Jun 27, 2011, 12:24 pm
lswl, at the price I'm sure it will go for, the thing would have to open an actual, functioning TARDIS. lol

Anyone here related to Trump?

galacticprobe

Jun 28, 2011, 03:56 am #17 Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011, 03:56 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: the_doctor on Jun 26, 2011, 04:54 pm
The auction for one on the keys is on the 29th. Perhaps someone local could nip down and get some reference piccies...

:)

Is this the auction you're referring to?
http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/19036/lot/112/

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

invadrzim

Jun 28, 2011, 04:03 am #18 Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011, 04:04 am by invadrzim
Quotecast in grey-coloured resin, with central symbol of the Pydonian seal, with chain, together with a statement of authenticity from The Model Unit, confirming this was one of several made for the 1988 season, starring Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor

Estimate: £2,500 - 3,000

0_0  :o

galacticprobe

Jun 28, 2011, 04:57 am #19 Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011, 05:06 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: invadrzim on Jun 28, 2011, 04:03 am
Quotecast in grey-coloured resin, with central symbol of the Pydonian seal, with chain, together with a statement of authenticity from The Model Unit, confirming this was one of several made for the 1988 season, starring Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor

Estimate: £2,500 - 3,000

0_0  :o

I'll call that a "yes".

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Kingpin

Jun 29, 2011, 09:28 am #20 Last Edit: Oct 21, 2016, 04:15 am by warmcanofcoke
Steve Ricks has posted some extremely excellent photographs on his 7th Doctor costume blog.

I won't post all of them, but here's a great detail shot of the central "triangle" of the front of the key:
IMG_4922_zpsmx5styu3.jpg
IMG_4927_zpsgpadtnwk.jpg
IMG_4928_zpsxgesx7fu.jpg

Please do visit the post, as there's also a photograph of the back of that particular key.

the_doctor

Finally the mystery is solved!  :)

Organic Mechanic

Wow!!! Offline for a couple days and *poof* mystery solved!

Truth be told, I am EXCEEDINGLY pleased to be proven wrong, and not just because it means we finally got good pictures of the thing. I would have been quite bummed had my wire theory been the actual "design concept", y'know?.

warmcanofcoke

http://www.thepropgallery.com/the-doctor-s-sylvester-mccoy-tardis-key
QuoteDoctor Who

The Doctor's (Sylvester McCoy) TARDIS key

This original TARDIS key was used in the production of the BBC television science fiction series Doctor Who.

Such a key can be seen used by Sylvester McCoy as The Doctor in the episodes Ghost Light and Survival. The key was originally constructed in plastic board, molded in silicon and cast in resin by Mike Tucker of the BBC Visual Effects Department for production, the key features the Prydonian Time Lord symbol and is presented on its original chain.

In excellent production used condition throughout the key measures approximately 2.5" long.

A incredibly rare example of a Doctor's hand prop from the classic series of this long running science fiction show.

atardiskeys1.jpgatardiskeys2.jpgatardiskeysbase.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

scotland yard

Aug 21, 2020, 10:23 am #24 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2020, 08:29 pm by scotland yard
For anybody interested in doing this key, I've attempted to make a clean diagram to replicate this key. Here's a PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AfkzDXLZDsyARxKrkuhKRJG5CmLAo-_R/view?usp=sharing
Ghostlight TARDIS key.jpg
The diagram in the PDF is drawn to be 70 mm tall if printed in an A4 paper. I reckon the key is roughly that height but if there's a known measurement or somebody with more experience than me has guesstimated a different height for this key I'd be more than happy to correct it.
Oh my giddy aunt!!

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: scotland yard on Aug 21, 2020, 10:23 amFor anybody interested in doing this key, I've attempted to make a clean diagram to replicate this key. Here's a PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AfkzDXLZDsyARxKrkuhKRJG5CmLAo-_R/view?usp=sharing
Ghostlight TARDIS key.jpg
The diagram in the PDF is drawn to be 70 cm tall if printed in an A4 paper. I reckon the key is roughly that height but if there's a known measurement or somebody with more experience than me has guesstimated a different height for this key I'd be more than happy to correct it.

Surely you mean 70mm or 7cm :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

scotland yard

Quote from: Rassilons Rod on Aug 21, 2020, 02:11 pmSurely you mean 70mm or 7cm :D

Yep, that's what I meant. Corrected now. Thanks!
Oh my giddy aunt!!