Apr 18, 2024, 11:10 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Proposed Met Boxes/Posts not erected

Started by realboxmike, Dec 18, 2017, 02:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

realboxmike

Digging through some old info that I have, I came across a list of Boxes in connection with Uxbridge Sub-division of X Division dated from 1937. The front list indicates definite positions for X52 and X53 where installation was at first delayed, and then cancelled indefinitely. If X53 had been installed it would have been roughly where the south entrance to RAF Northolt/Airport site on the main A40. X52 was proposed to be sited on Charville/Frogmore Farm Estate where construction was delayed, and then completed post WWII. It would appear that large scale planning for new housing construction within this area was planned and so the installation of Police Boxes would make perfect sense. However, why they were never installed (even after 1945) is a mystery! (even though X65 was installed on new housing not even 1 mile to the west of both these sites).

Illustration from the Beat Book covering Uxbridge Sub-division.
(if its any help, all references to X52 and X53 (ringing-in schedules etc) have been struck-through with pen prior to issue and times amended to allow meal breaks etc to be taken in other Boxes.

22.jpg

hb88banzai

Great info Mike!

Oh, how I love Beat Book Box lists - always a great source of info on things as originally planned, but not always how they actually got executed.