Apr 19, 2024, 04:22 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Text-To-Speech Set-Up for Handles the Cyberman?

Started by The14thDr, Dec 11, 2017, 01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Dec 11, 2017, 01:29 pm Last Edit: Dec 11, 2017, 01:35 pm by The14thDr
Whilst I was walking the dog the other day, I started thinking about how I could make my Handles the Cyberman a little more "interactive". I have the lights, I'm currently working on making him more screen-accurate, so all I need now is some sound.

I already have a rather basic set-up, with a Bluetooth speaker inside the head which plays sound effects from my phone, but I was hoping to upgrade it <pun fully intended!> ;D

Then I thought about text-to-speech systems, and how something along those lines would allow Handles to say anything you wanted - and not be restricted to sound bites from the episode. So what if we had an app where you type in a message, it gets converted to speech and then plays through a Bluetooth connected speaker inside the helmet.

Like I said in the description, this could also apply to other builds (such as R/C Daleks, K9s, etc) so I was hoping this might generate a bit of interest and hopefully someone with more knowledge than me would be able to help out.

Kind regards, The14thDr
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

elkad

I found a video for an app to change your voice called  iSkream.
Try it out, see if it works out & if you have any problems, chat with the person who made the video. }:)

https://youtu.be/Zu0G0F9OqHg