News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

1:4 Tom Yardley-Jones

Started by typeforte, Nov 18, 2017, 02:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

typeforte

Nov 18, 2017, 02:06 pm Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 08:11 pm by Scarfwearer
Model 1:4 scale Tom Yardley-Jones.  

Built in 2013.  Mount board, foam core, wood quadrant.  Perspex windows.  Pebbled panes made with PVA glue left to dry on some finely pebbled glass (to achieve the pebbled texture) and then peeled off and cut to size.

Constructed for the purpose of demonstrating the way the full size prop goes together - ahead of a 1:1 build.  This model therefore assembles and disassembles into the same constituent parts as the full size TY-J prop.  Doors open 'left first' on one side, and 'right first' on the other.

Incorporates an off-the-shelf mini fresnel lens, slightly oversized in terms of the lamp on the real TY-J, but still kind of looks good. (Struts are just long nails, the points of which slot the lamp into place on the roof)

TF.

NOTE: Slightly photoshopped some of the signing in these pics, as it's faded in places over the years.  Needs re-doing.

FRONT 1_web.jpgFRONT 2 (REAR)_web.jpgFRONT1 RIGHT_web.jpgFRONT2 SIDE LEFT_web.jpgRIGHT SIDE FRONT 2_web.jpgSIDE LEFT_web.jpgSIDE RIGHT_web.jpgTHE COMPONENT PARTS_web.jpg

KIT-KAT

this is beautiful! spot on build
No, not the mind probe!

Mark

Absolutely brilliant!

When you say off the shelf Fresnel lens, where did you get it?

Do you have a build diary or construction pictures you can post?

Spot on build TypeForty, your attention to detail is great.

tony farrell

Very nicely done Ron! (I may call you Ron, mayn't I?) You're attention to detail is spot on and the slightly taller lamp really suits the 'old girl'. I love the dirtied-down paintwork and (had you not pointed it out) don't think I would have spotted the photo-shopped 'Bonham's auction' phone panel!

T

fivefingeredstyre

ooo Very nice indeed!

Do you still want copies of the photos you pm'ed about the other day? I was planning on going through my HHD's tomorrow and digging them out if you still need them?

Steve

typeforte

Quote from: Mark on Nov 18, 2017, 03:19 pm

When you say off the shelf Fresnel lens, where did you get it?

Do you have a build diary or construction pictures you can post?

Hi Mark,

The lens is a Perko navigation lens, 'stern' I believe.  They're a nifty little miniature version, in thick plastic (acrylic?).  They're quite easily sourced, and not desperately expensive. (£20 ish)

I did take a couple of build pics, but I fear they're long since lost.

TF.

typeforte

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Nov 18, 2017, 04:44 pm
ooo Very nice indeed!

Do you still want copies of the photos you pm'ed about the other day? I was planning on going through my HHD's tomorrow and digging them out if you still need them?

Steve

Steve,

Yes, please.  Would love to see those.

Thanks very much!

TF.