Apr 28, 2024, 03:56 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

JW Tardis

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Nov 11, 2017, 07:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Aug 01, 2018, 06:42 am #210 Last Edit: Aug 01, 2018, 06:43 am by galacticprobe
Razz, you forgot to mention that if you open this image in a new window, you can use the magnifying lens on your pointer to see it in full size (which is much larger than it appears on the Forum).

Nice shot of the Old Girl. (And I hope you thought enough to smile while snapping this as that camera operator was pointing his camera almost straight at you! "Smile! You're on TARDIS Camera!" ;D)

You lucky sod!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The14thDr

A really nice photo - thanks for sharing, RazzaMataz! (Dino was right; open this in a new tab and there is a lot of detail!) Where did you take this, out of curiosity?
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Rassilons Rod

It's already got Brachacki base :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Cardinal Hordriss

Does that mean chipped?
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Kingpin

Cropped down:

JW_TARDIS.jpg

deafeningsilence

This Tardis has really started to grow on me. Other than the notches, I think it's the fact that she just looks so...classic late Pertwee/early Baker without all the trouble that plagued the Altered Brachacki around that time.

TheOncomingStorm

Looks like that image has come from Twotter.
User is from Cardiff but I don't know the location.

https://twitter.com/officialwrighty/status/1023906434445139968?s=20

Kingpin

Aug 02, 2018, 01:44 am #218 Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 01:45 am by Kingpin
The filming location is a relatively new set of student accomodation blocks on Ellen Street, near the University of South Wales' ATRiuM building in Cardiff:

DjV2lSXX4AEkAGO.jpg
DjVkewxWsAA7Oc2.jpg

TheOncomingStorm

Thanks Kingpin.

That guy holding the TARDIS door looks massive compared with the box. Or maybe it's a weird perspective thing?

"Hold the door!"  :'(

Angelus Lupus

Aug 02, 2018, 11:49 am #220 Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 11:50 am by Angelus Lupus
Quote from: TheOncomingStorm on Aug 02, 2018, 07:51 am
That guy holding the TARDIS door looks massive compared with the box. Or maybe it's a weird perspective thing?

Zooming in, it looks like he's standing in the box, making him look taller.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

alan smithee

Here's a new image of the 2018 TARDIS, from the latest issue of DWM:

unknown-3.png

willbrooks1989

Worth noting that the box in that image is the second new TARDIS prop - the one seen at the World Showcase back in February - not the same one used in South Africa, Sheffield et al.

I've called them TARDIS H (the prop seen in South Africa, on merchandise, and on the 'Costume Reveal' image), and TARDIS I (the Showcase, plus the filming where the above picture was taken) when doing the Jodie Whittaker update for my TARDIS Prop history blog over at http://medium.com/tardis-history (though, obviously, the Whittaker update won't be published until after the series has aired.

(And yes, it's a gorgeous looking prop, innit?)

W

Angelus Lupus

Nice to know you're keeping your keen eyes on the new props! Looking forward to your future updates
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

bjones

Quote from: willbrooks1989 on Aug 24, 2018, 10:54 am

I've called them TARDIS H (the prop seen in South Africa, on merchandise, and on the 'Costume Reveal' image), and TARDIS I (the Showcase, plus the filming where the above picture was taken) when doing the Jodie Whittaker update for my TARDIS Prop history blog over at http://medium.com/tardis-history (though, obviously, the Whittaker update won't be published until after the series has aired.

W

Looking forward to you keeping the history going. So we have at least three new Tardis builds, or two plus the three walled entrance to the interior set :)

Why not cast them if you need multiples plus publicity ones... Makes sense to me.

Bx