Feb 29, 2024, 06:28 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

JW Tardis

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Nov 11, 2017, 07:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

The proportions of the inset panels and windows look more akin to the 2005+ boxes... And less narrow than the original reveal photo suggested.

Volpone

...or even the 1996 Hudolin prop.  I'm always surprised by how boxy the panels were on it. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

alan smithee

Agreed, it looks extremely like the Hudolin box! (It could also be the bulky lamp, haha.) The picture below, which might've been posted before in this thread, immediately called to mind the alleyway scenes from the TV movie.

Re: the width, it seems to vary from picture to picture. Probably a result of cellphone cameras having a fixed depth-of-field, and all the various images being taken from different angles and distances.DV9hd-WXUAAaBGz.jpg-large.jpeg

douglas442

Feb 26, 2018, 12:26 pm #123 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 12:34 pm by douglas442
Any reliable descriptions ( either verbal or otherwise ), yet, of the interiors... console or console room?

Just judging from the exterior, looking perhaps more weather-worn ( the considerable roughness of the door-panel insets looks odd... almost like stone ), and... particularly... from the orange-yellow glow coming from the windows ( a few pages back ) I would guess that would reflect and interior that will likely not be digital-age shiny and new... or even as "modern" as the Smith/Capaldi interior?

---------------------------
"Time can paint the Treetops with Colors of the Rainbow... but you cannot find the End, no matter how you try." -Kate Wolf

"... and I find myself on the Mountainside, where the Rivers change direction, across The Great Divide." -Kate Wolf

Scarfwearer

So far nothing, as far as I know. When something appears we'll start a separate topic (and board) for that.

boxman550

only news about the TARDIS interior  and as to why we haven't seen a backdrop is because the set isn't finished being built yet according to what the crew have said to fans asking on set which makes sense seeing as these things take time and we dont know the size or how much the interior cost to build and they can film the interior scenes anytime after filming on location in the studio whether its still being built or not it should be almost complete by now thats the only news ive got on the TARDIS interior and the fact of the scene we have seen filmed with the TARDIS exterior is stock footage after they are wrapped with filming on location the crew apparently will go back and film some scene's with the TARDIS exterior again this time with the interior backdrop as by then the interior should be complete i mean makes sense to me seeing as they have til id say august to film stuff so they have time 

Teppic

Feb 26, 2018, 04:23 pm #126 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 08:29 pm by Teppic
Quote from: alan smithee on Feb 26, 2018, 05:30 am
.DV9hd-WXUAAaBGz.jpg-large.jpeg

Looks like he has just thrown the roof up there, and it just slightly missed the target.

galacticprobe

Feb 26, 2018, 05:59 pm #127 Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 05:59 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: douglas442 on Feb 26, 2018, 12:26 pm
...the interiors... console or console room?

Just judging from the exterior... particularly... from the orange-yellow glow coming from the windows...

You really can't go by the windows. The Series 2-4 TARDIS windows were a cool white with a bluish tint, yet the interior was dim amber with a bright greenish glowing console. The Series 6 and 8-10 TARDIS windows were blinding white, yet the interiors were amber-lit, and not super bright.

Quote from: Scarfwearer on Feb 26, 2018, 01:14 pm
When something appears we'll start a separate topic (and board) for that.

Quite right. (Sorry for the above, but window lighting is not the best indicator of what the interior is going to look like.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

douglas442

Feb 27, 2018, 01:09 am #128 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018, 01:10 am by douglas442
Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 26, 2018, 05:59 pm
You really can't go by the windows. The Series 2-4 TARDIS windows were a cool white with a bluish tint, yet the interior was dim amber with a bright greenish glowing console.

... yes... I suppose that would follow. One could imagine that, with a construct of this sort, that there would be a bit of red-shifting ( or blue-shifting ) of light as it travels from interior to exterior...

... or perhaps the windows are mood-indicators for the TARDIS. Regardless, I'm just happy to see that the exterior no longer appears to have sleepy-eyes.

----------------------
"Time can paint the Treetops with Colors of the Rainbow... but you cannot find the End, no matter how you try." -Kate Wolf

"... and I find myself on the Mountainside, where the Rivers change direction, across The Great Divide." -Kate Wolf

galacticprobe

Feb 27, 2018, 05:20 am #129 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018, 05:20 am by galacticprobe
Well said!

One thing I'm still curious about on the exterior is the Phone Panel frame. I keep seeing renders of the box with that frame having mitred corners. All of the Classic boxes had mitred corners on that frame (the "Seeds Of Death" to "Seeds Of Doom" Brachacki-Altered frameless panel not withstanding), but all New Series boxes (until now, at least) had that frame with butt-joined corners.

So far there's been no real clear photo of that Phone Panel showing the frame corner detail. One promising photo (with the set dresser) has the main doors open too far to get a good look at the Phone Panel frame, and the frame is as heavily weathered as the other parts of the prop making those corners even harder to see any detail in them.

Is there any info, or has anyone gotten a good enough look at the prop, to say whether the Phone Panel frame has retained its New Series-style butt-joined corners? Or has it made the return to the Classic-style mitred corners?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Scarfwearer

Feb 27, 2018, 10:16 am #130 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018, 10:17 am by Scarfwearer
I'd say we're probably looking at mitred corners, but they're indistinct enough that I can't be certain.

phone-panel1.pngphone-panel2.png

boxman550

does this help anyoneDXJqVKaXUAEJ5IN.jpg

Angelus Lupus

How's that for timing? I opened his thread, hit reply to add that exact image, and got the "while you were typing someone replied" message  ;D
It's a great shot, near dead-straight too!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

boxman550

ikr its so helpful

Scarfwearer

Best yet I think. Thank you!
By the shadow under the sign box and the shadows of JW against the box I'm assuming that she's standing further from the box that it would appear from this angle. So depending on how far away the camera is and the relative level to her height (probably similar) there may be some slight offset.
Ignoring that, I estimate that if the box has 2m doors she's wearing 3" heels. If the box has 2.1m doors she has nearly 7" heels - which seems unlikely...
So it's certainly looking likely that the box has smaller doors than recent boxes.