Apr 20, 2024, 01:29 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS-esque Entry in Contest

Started by galacticprobe, Oct 13, 2017, 04:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Oct 13, 2017, 04:47 am Last Edit: Oct 13, 2017, 04:50 am by galacticprobe
Well, I think the description below the Topic Title says most of it, but here's the photo that was among the montage (or would that be collage?)... anyway here's the photo:

ContestEntry.jpg
Does anyone here know who this one belongs to, or who the people are?

And in case anyone is wondering, the contest is a monthly entry put on by Historical Emporium. The above photo, though small, is on the Historical Emporium Photo Contest Rules page if anyone wants to check it out in person.

Enjoy!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Nice photo!
That steampunk look is really on trend now, isn't it?
I mean, It's been around a while now, but it's slowly crept up & now it's everywhere!
I went to Wyntercon in Eastbourne recently & although it was a good show, I was a little disappointed that there was no Dr Who stuff there at all! However there was tons of Steampunk there.
I bought the missus an amazing Steampunk style necklace, which she loved.
We are going up to MCM Comicon, Birmingham in November. There's going to be a Steampunk section where they do workshops to show you how to make steampunk gadgets & clothes etc, which she is really excited about.
I'm hoping there'll be lots of Dr Who stuff for me as well!

Russell

lorisarvendu

I think Anime has helped. The Japanese have certainly taken to it, and alternate historical timelines and steampunk are all over a lot of their offerings.  "Tanya the Evil" springs to mind.

russellsuthern

Dr Who has dabbled in steampunk a bit...
I'm thinking particularly thinking of the clockwork robots in the girl in the fireplace & the telescope in Tooth & Claw...
Plus the Capaldi opening credits are very steampunk influenced with all those cogs...

Russell

davidnagel

Regards
David