Mar 29, 2024, 04:55 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Retrospective tardis build diary

Started by wine-o, Sep 11, 2017, 03:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wine-o

Feel free. Be aware it's bloody heavy though.
Barman says "I'm sorry we don't serve time travellers.."

The Doctor walks into a bar.

flipperth

That looks superb. I love the variety between the different TARDISes on here. No two are ever exactly the same.

russellsuthern

Looking great!

Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Russell

wine-o

May 29, 2018, 02:35 pm #18 Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018, 01:40 pm by wine-o
So the more observant amongst you will notice that in my last update the windhole frames were unpainted.

The reason being that I had "lose" fitted them to check for size, unbelievably each and every one of the 8 frames needed to be different sizes, 1/2 a millimetre here a millimetre there, ( a millimetre being somewhere between 1/32nd and 1/64th of an inch... I think. I can work in metric or imperial but not both at the same time)

Anyway the frames were labelled up then primed and painted

More pics...

Glossing

Tardis build glossing (1).JPG

more progress

tardis in progress (1).JPG

tardis in progress (3).JPG

tardis in progress (5).JPG

Close up of lock

tardis yale lock.JPG

More to follow soon, work permitting.

wine-o

Jun 07, 2018, 01:53 pm #19 Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018, 02:18 pm by wine-o
So with the windows installed and the whole thing given a 3rd coat of Oxford blue, the next job was to put the roof on.

Not an easy task as I did it alone and the roof was heavy...

Took 3 attempts pushing it up a ladder at about 45 degrees to get it roughly in place, only to find that due to expansion/contraction the roof was a tiny bit too big to drop down  the 20mm or 3/4inch onto the internal supports, so had to take it off again, run a chisel around the internal to get a tight fit.

Once I'd got it back up the ladder (again) it still needed some "persuasion" from a block of wood and a mallet...

tardis almost finished (1).JPG

I still wasn't sure how to go about the Police telephone...pull to open sign I had the PDF from this site, but didn't want to pay a fortune for a signmaker to make one up

tardis almost finished (2).JPG

I then had a phone call from an old friend looking for a small plumbing job doing, by a happy coincidence he runs a photographic studio.

I did the plumbing job and bartered my plumbing skills for a free passport photo for the Mrs. and a photographic print of the PTPTO sign.

Colour was not a great match, but even so..

Tardis exterior finished (2).JPGTardis exterior finished (3).JPGTardis exterior finished (4).JPGTardis exterior finished (7).JPG

So apart from the internal floor, the end was finally in sight... I thought.

davidnagel

Oh no! Don't leave us on a cliffhanger!!
Regards
David