Mar 04, 2021, 09:18 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

seanclarke1 TARDIS Console

Started by davidnagel, Jul 26, 2017, 11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

Quote from: galacticprobe on May 31, 2018, 06:22 am
(I hope that "mistake" in that one photo was easily rectified.)

Unfortunately it was like that the entire event. I'd forgotten I had hidden away some of the panels and got to the event (a 4 hour drive) to realise mid-build that some sections were missing - oops!

Quote from: galacticprobe on May 31, 2018, 06:22 am
Dino.
P. S. I would love to get a backdrop like that; from the material it appears to be made from I think it would either make a great wall-hanger... or a great shower curtain! ;D

It is indeed close to shower curtain material, but very sturdy. The colour is off, because I'm an idiot and didn't get CYMK correct but its holding up well.

Kind Regards,

David

www.spiffinglyniceguy.co.uk

galacticprobe

Jun 04, 2018, 03:33 am #16 Last Edit: Jun 04, 2018, 03:35 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: davidnagel on Jun 01, 2018, 09:03 pm
Unfortunately it was like that the entire event. I'd forgotten I had hidden away some of the panels and got to the event (a 4 hour drive) to realise mid-build that some sections were missing - oops!

Well, at least this is good news - just mislaid panels, and not damaged items. (Situations like this are easily explained to inquisitive event-goers as "parts under repair, but not finished in time". At least it works in the living history world when people would ask us where our big 4-inch howitzer was if we decided not to bring it.)

Quote from: davidnagel on Jun 01, 2018, 09:03 pm
It is indeed close to shower curtain material, but very sturdy. The colour is off, because I'm an idiot and didn't get CYMK correct but its holding up well.

Idiot? (No... I won't quote the dialogue from "Kinda" again. ;) ;D) While that may be a bit harsh on yourself, the Doctor has on occasion called himself an idiot. (Actually, I think there may be a little idiot in everyone. I've certainly got my fair share of it... and then some! ;D ;D ;D)

And my stanky old wizzard eyes think the color looks pretty decent: pale grey wall with slightly yellowish roundels; that's just about perfect for the Season 15 - 26 console room. So I'd say you'd done a fine job with that backdrop.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

The console didn't make too many trips out last year but here's one from August at The Forge Mill's "Day of the Daleks" event.

52854037_10217929759583695_7261468114624184320_o.jpg

Strax took a liking to the controls I think!
Kind Regards,

David

www.spiffinglyniceguy.co.uk

karsthotep

Great console,  Its nice to see her in use and being admire by other fans.   The look on Strax's face...lol..awesome.   
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"