Scratch Built Doctor Who Matt Smith Tardis Interior Model Thread

Started by robajob, Jul 24, 2017, 10:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelus Lupus

:o
13 out of 10!
I don't know what else to say... it genuinely looks like it's been carried out to the highest level of detail you'd expect on a full-scale set that's going to be seen in HD close-ups on massive TV screens!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

galacticprobe

Truer words were never spoken, Angelus! Just these three images alone would make anyone think they were looking at photos of the actual TARDIS set!

Quote from: robajob on Oct 01, 2017, 09:50 pm
41..jpg
42..jpg
43..jpg

The rest of the images are just icing on the cake! (And nice thick layer of icing it is, too! :D :D :D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Angelus Lupus

Dino, I was thinking the exact same thing!
I was even considering quoting those same 3 images to make that point (but I had to go get dinner), how's that for a coincidence? :o
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Davros Skaro

This is truly a fantastic build, when I showed the wife, she thought it was the real set, till I told her it was a model, she was amazed as well.

"Your song has ended sir, but the story never ends!"

Chris.
Chris.

galacticprobe

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Oct 02, 2017, 08:15 pm
Dino, I was thinking the exact same thing!
I was even considering quoting those same 3 images... how's that for a coincidence? :o

Well... what is that saying about "Great minds..."? ;) :D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

robajob

Quote from: galacticprobe on Oct 02, 2017, 05:11 am
Oh... my... fracking... Glob!!!

AncientAliens(Blank-Medium).jpg
Okay... what we're looking at here is not model-building; it's misunderstood alien technology! :o :o :o

Dino.

Dino, thank you so much for all your positive comments and witticisms throughout this build thread, love the quote above with regards to misunderstood alien technology, especially as this actually is supposed to represent misunderstood alien technology, even if it is in miniature form!
Rob.

robajob

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Oct 02, 2017, 05:50 pm
:o
13 out of 10!
I don't know what else to say... it genuinely looks like it's been carried out to the highest level of detail you'd expect on a full-scale set that's going to be seen in HD close-ups on massive TV screens!

Hi Angelus Lupus,
                          Thank you for yet another positively fantastic comment.
I really appreciate your posts and am very grateful and ecstatic that you think that the model would withstand such high level scrutiny and is worthy of such praise.
I am touched by your comment given the fantastic level of work on here. Thank you so much once again.
Rob.

robajob

Quote from: galacticprobe on Oct 02, 2017, 06:44 pm
Truer words were never spoken, Angelus! Just these three images alone would make anyone think they were looking at photos of the actual TARDIS set!

Quote from: robajob on Oct 01, 2017, 09:50 pm
41..jpg
42..jpg
43..jpg

The rest of the images are just icing on the cake! (And nice thick layer of icing it is, too!

Dino.

Dino, Again you astound, thank you so much.
Rob.

robajob

Quote from: Davros Skaro on Oct 02, 2017, 11:14 pm
This is truly a fantastic build, when I showed the wife, she thought it was the real set, till I told her it was a model, she was amazed as well.

"Your song has ended sir, but the story never ends!"

Chris.

Hi Chris,
             Another great comment, thank you so much, so pleased that the model managed to achieve the desired effect on your wife.
Very true about the song ending, but the story never ends, especially as the next build thread I hope to post in the near future is a full scale Junk Yard Tardis that I made for my son to play with in different locations, so this one is made out of cardboard. So keep your eyes peeled!
Rob.

d33j r093r5

:o :o :o

... I like to think I build nice models, but the truth is I'm an incredibly lazy modeller. Still doesn't stop me thinking I'm not too shabby. And then something like this comes along, and I realise that I have fallen victim to the Dunning-Kreuger effect: I'm not as good as I think I am, because I do not have the requisite skills and knowledge to be as good as I think I am. And your work sir absolutely drives this home. I have seen some truly amazing builds, but nothing EVER like this. I'm not even certain that I knew that this kind of model recreation, this level of extraordinary detail at such a fine scale was even possible. There are no words at all to describe what a masterpiece you have created, and everybody before me has said it all already! I take my hat off to you sir, you are a genius and master-craftsman. :)

I realise that this was probably a verrrrrrry intense labour of love, and that you're unlikely to engage in something else as spectacular as this lightly, if at all. Nevertheless, I will be watching this space eagerly in case you ever decide to take up the challenge again.  ;D  ;D

D.
ERROR READING DRIVE C: (A)BORT, (R)ETRY, (F)AIL (I)GNORE?

robajob

Quote from: d33j r093r5 on Jan 20, 2018, 12:56 pm
:o :o :o

... I like to think I build nice models, but the truth is I'm an incredibly lazy modeller. Still doesn't stop me thinking I'm not too shabby. And then something like this comes along, and I realise that I have fallen victim to the Dunning-Kreuger effect: I'm not as good as I think I am, because I do not have the requisite skills and knowledge to be as good as I think I am. And your work sir absolutely drives this home. I have seen some truly amazing builds, but nothing EVER like this. I'm not even certain that I knew that this kind of model recreation, this level of extraordinary detail at such a fine scale was even possible. There are no words at all to describe what a masterpiece you have created, and everybody before me has said it all already! I take my hat off to you sir, you are a genius and master-craftsman. :)

I realise that this was probably a verrrrrrry intense labour of love, and that you're unlikely to engage in something else as spectacular as this lightly, if at all. Nevertheless, I will be watching this space eagerly in case you ever decide to take up the challenge again.  ;D  ;D

D.

Hi d33j r093r5,
                     Thank you so very much for your flabbergasting comment.
Words fail me in how to respond to "masterpiece, genius and master craftsman, especially coming from a man with such obvious design, rendering and 3d printed building talent/skills such as yourself.
I am honoured that you hold my efforts in such high stead in comparison to your fantastically detailed work.

It was, as you so rightly commented, a labour of love, as this was built purely for my son to use with his 5" CO figures, which as I am sure you are already aware being an aficionado in this range, CO didn't make the Pickwoad Console as a playset, so it was up to me to try and satisfy my little Whovian.

It did take rather a long time to complete, as all of this was made by hand and had to function, albeit I did wish at some points that I had gone down the 3d printed route, as it may have made the production process a lot quicker, printing over night, rendering results the next morning, rather than results only when I had time to work on it.  
But that said, I was able to make sure that all the reproduced parts actually do move, turn, spin, slide etc, as they do on the actual main console and side consoles. Which thanks to CO's brilliant Tenth Doctor Tardis was part of the specification made by my son, as well as it being lit as well.

I am so pleased that you think that end results are spectacular and though I may not take on this task again lightly, you can never say no!

I will however, in the near future be posting up some of my other efforts to satisfy my little Whovian, including, as mentioned in a previous post, a full size Junkyard Tardis Console and something that may be of more interest to you, a lit and functional sliding door Pandorica, made for the 5" figures again, all built from scratch.  
Again, thank you so much for your comment, it is very much appreciated.

Rob.