News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Bren Carters Capaldi box

Started by brenk9carter, Jul 24, 2017, 05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsuthern

I love your TARDIS
& I love convention pics...

I think It's great to see these builds out & about doing the rounds.

The only problem is it takes ages for your thread to download!

I usually click on your thread, then go off & make a cup of coffee, buy the time I get back It's all nicely downloaded & I can peruse at my leisure!!

Cheers!

Russ

brenk9carter

Sep 11, 2018, 09:51 pm #46 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2018, 09:51 pm by brenk9carter
Quote from: russellsuthern on Sep 11, 2018, 09:43 pm
The only problem is it takes ages for your thread to download!

Hmm interesting, that might because most of the pictures were taken on the good camera so they are quite big images to load?
Quote from: russellsuthern on Sep 11, 2018, 09:43 pm
I think It's great to see these builds out & about doing the rounds.

well including mine there were 3 Tardises there  :D
Bren

Cardinal Hordriss

This is an awesome, sturdy looking build. I don't know how you have the energy to travel with it though, taking it down, putting it up, getting it on a van... I'm not sure I'd be up for it even if it was as good a build as this.

I think the guy below the 13th Doctor cosplayer was in Luke Newman's fan series. I don't recall his name but I remember he's listed as a "Public Figure" on Facebook... maybe he should have initialed it somewhere.

I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

karsthotep

I have always wondered,  for the actors do they ever just stop by on their own and do it or is there a certain amount of "corralling" that is involved in getting them to sign your TARDIS.  I guess it depends on the person like anything. 

great box by the way, and I agree with Hordriss the amount of energy for traveling with it and making sure its not damaged during transit and assembly and disassembly must be intense at times. 
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

russellsuthern

Yeah,

It's probably the quality photos. Still, no biggie...

I am also in awe of your commitment to carting your TARDIS around the country to all these conventions- keep up the good work!!

Russell

lofiscifi

Quote from: brenk9carter on Sep 11, 2018, 08:19 pm
well I've kinda stopped posting con photos here because they're all pretty samey however Vworp-con in Manchester is definitely worth posting about.
i was set up in a nice looking spot, the venue was the old printworks and it had a nice sort of old fashioned industrial theme to it, (explaining the red brick walls) they had a load of Dr Who guests there doing signings and photos.....lucky me ;) ;)

It's a small world! Great to chat to you on Sunday, Bren - and I'm still in awe of your TARDIS build. Hopefully, I'll see you at Vworp 2019!

brenk9carter

Quote from: karsthotep on Sep 12, 2018, 12:21 pm
I have always wondered,  for the actors do they ever just stop by on their own and do it or is there a certain amount of "corralling" that is involved in getting them to sign your TARDIS.  I guess it depends on the person like anything. 

great box by the way, and I agree with Hordriss the amount of energy for traveling with it and making sure its not damaged during transit and assembly and disassembly must be intense at times. 

Well most of the times its a bit of both really, i'll ask them nicely if they could sign it and every time so far they've been more than happy to. And it does get a bit intense sometimes when you haven't got long to set up   ::) but we normally take it easy so we dont stress out too much about it. Although im thinking of rebuilding the base at some point so it isnt so heavy  :P
Bren

brenk9carter

Oct 16, 2018, 09:28 pm #52 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2018, 10:31 pm by brenk9carter
So i was set up at  a convention last weekend and i was sat between the Doctors himself Paul Mcgann and Colin Baker  ;D so naturally it was good chance for some good photos :D :DIMG_1647.JPG
It was an all weekend event so on sunday morning i decided to recreate the promo pic for return of dr mysterio because i now have the accurate outfit for it (burgundy velvet with the navy ink merino hoodie from All Saints)
IMG_1655.JPG
(This pic)
Return-of-Doctor-Mysterio-12th-Twelfth-Peter-Capaldi-Nardole-The-Ghost.jpg

Anyway on with  the important pictures  ;D
Paul Mcgann was amazing and so nice, he pulled out a sonic that someone had given him for this pic  :D
IMG_1650.JPG

Colin was great both days, it was less busy on the sunday so i was able to have some good conversations with him, he remembered how his Tardis had no floor when he saw mine, he signed the door and we had some photos together.
IMG_1718.JPGIMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG
Its obvious to me now that i need to do some maintenance work as there are a few cracks opening and the windows are really crinkling up as well at the police box signs
Also just look at those doors   ;D ;D
Snapchat-198618168.jpg
Bren

brenk9carter

Apr 22, 2019, 10:16 pm #53 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2019, 10:27 pm by brenk9carter
Been a while since an update but this ones a good'un,  i dont think i really need to tell you where i was with the Tardis on this easter weekend but i was lucky enough to be able to have my Tardis on Trafalgar Square!  ;D
Right in front of the national gallery as well.
It was part of the Feast of St George festival" that the mayor of london puts on every year (never even heard of it before)
To be honest, i just wanted to be able to put my Tardis on the same place as in the 50th anniversary  ;)
DSCN0010.JPG
DSCN0001.JPG
(Oh and i also recived my new jackets from Steven Ricks)
20190420_114245.jpgDSCN0006.JPG
Not really much else i can say about is there, hope you enjoy the pics  :)DSCN0011.JPG
Bren