Apr 20, 2024, 05:22 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Bren Carters Capaldi box

Started by brenk9carter, Jul 24, 2017, 05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brenk9carter

Nov 11, 2017, 10:13 pm #15 Last Edit: Nov 11, 2017, 10:41 pm by brenk9carter
Had a great day at Devcon in Torquay today, its the first event that the tardis has been to and it went down a treat, it was possibly the most popular attraction there.
i met Peter Davison there and he was really complimentary about it saying that its better than the one he used  :D.
anyway on with the mountain of pics.
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG
Peter and Sarah Sutton both signed the inside of the doors for me as well ;D ;D
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
i think the empire wanted to seize the TARDIS
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
ooh she looks good doesn't she
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
the improvements definitely made it a lot better, you could see the windows lit up because of the reorganised LEDs and the new power supply meant it was turned on all day, and the top lamp is definitely a massive improvement from before
well that's quite a healthy amount of pictures i think, I've got plenty more as well but i don't want to flood it too much do i  :P
Bren

Davros Skaro

You've done a really great job on your TARDIS, & if you have more pictures of people/creatures etc. with it, please add them. In the words of Dino, quote "We love pictures". Love the predator with it too!

Chris.
Chris.

brenk9carter

Nov 11, 2017, 11:03 pm #17 Last Edit: Nov 11, 2017, 11:04 pm by brenk9carter
Quote from: Davros Skaro on Nov 11, 2017, 10:52 pm
You've done a really great job on your TARDIS, & if you have more pictures of people/creatures etc. with it, please add them. In the words of Dino, quote "We love pictures". Love the predator with it too!

Chris.

Thanks for the kind words, there was loads of amazing costumes there but stupid me didn't take as many photos of them with the tardis as I'd like  ::) I got a couple though

Snapchat-145123316.jpg
Snapchat-1381553015.jpg
Bren

LMC97

Nov 11, 2017, 11:34 pm #18 Last Edit: Nov 11, 2017, 11:35 pm by LMC97
I'm about to quote Dino too as I "ENVY" what you have achieved. I wish I made my TARDIS portable. I probably end up repeating myself when I comment on yours and other people builds when I say they are FANTASTIC but that is all I can say. Every photo made me wish I was there to see it in person. Great job.

LMC  ;D
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

Volpone

It's kind of funny--so often, in Dr. Who, when the Doctor runs into another Time Lord, their TARDIS is so much nicer than his.  Now you've played that out in real life with #5! 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Nov 12, 2017, 06:20 am #20 Last Edit: Nov 12, 2017, 06:21 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: LMC97 on Nov 11, 2017, 11:34 pm
I'm about to quote Dino too as I "ENVY" what you have achieved.

Indeed! Seeing all those Troopers with Darth Vader, and Peter Davison (not to mention Sarah Sutton's signature - my daughter, "The Evil One", is named Nyssa), and those other beings poking their head out of that lovely Old Girl, I definitely have to give this one a nice
Envy(Medium).jpg

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

brenk9carter

Nov 13, 2017, 12:01 am #21 Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 12:04 am by brenk9carter
Ooh a trademark dino envy, haven't seen one of them for a while, thank you all for your kind comments I had a great day there and we're already booked for the next one in plymouth which will be much bigger with about 2-3 thousand people there  ( and hopefully more signatures  ;) )
Bren

russellsuthern

Great TARDIS
Great pictures.
'Nuff said.

karsthotep

great looking TARDIS, love the shots on the balcony,   After repaint i'll be doing the same thing on the patio.   Great work.
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

davidnagel

As fantastic as your box is, I want to know where that dalek came from!

Pretty sure that was an original that was sold through Bonhams the other year? I only recognise it because of the gun that was only screen used in "Curse of Fatal Death"
Regards
David

brenk9carter

Nov 16, 2017, 09:57 pm #25 Last Edit: Nov 16, 2017, 09:58 pm by brenk9carter
Quote from: davidnagel on Nov 16, 2017, 09:40 am
As fantastic as your box is, I want to know where that dalek came from!

Pretty sure that was an original that was sold through Bonhams the other year? I only recognise it because of the gun that was only screen used in "Curse of Fatal Death"

Interesting you should say that because the guy who had them ( there was another one which silly me didn't take pictures of) did say that they were screenused originals also they were pretty beaten up so I would imagine you're along the right lines there
Bren

Volpone

He picked them up cheap from some Jawas, out past Anchorhead. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

brenk9carter

Dec 24, 2017, 12:01 pm #27 Last Edit: Dec 24, 2017, 07:36 pm by brenk9carter
Set her up for Christmas in the back garden

IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG
No message is associated with this attachment.
unfortunately its forecast for some pretty grizzly weather here on Christmas day so debating whether to cover her up or not
IMG_0348.JPG

If i don't post again before tomorrow, I'd like to say happy holidays to everyone here and have a spectacular new year ;D ;D
Bren

brenk9carter

Dec 24, 2017, 08:24 pm #28 Last Edit: Dec 24, 2017, 08:25 pm by brenk9carter
So i decided to make a materialising video outside the house, so here it is for you all.
Bren

Volpone

Nobody likes a show-off. 

Just kidding.  It's wonderful.  But I would be lying if I didn't admit to being a little jealous about how well you've done all this stuff.  I tried to do the raw footage for a materialization video.  Haven't done anything with it.  Part of the problem is, I didn't have a tripod, so I used a trash can for a brace to get the angle (hopefully) right.  It looks like I did OK.  I mean, except for the huge, blatantly obvious trash bin lid in the bottom 1/3 of the frame. 
-The Doctor.