May 13, 2021, 11:08 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Looking for this Sound Effect

Started by Nicistarful, May 19, 2017, 02:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicistarful

May 19, 2017, 02:25 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:35 pm by The Renegade Animator
Hello dear community,

as I am constantly looking for new TARDIS Sounds I'm currently having problems finding a certain one.
It's the bleeping that can be heard here:

https://youtu.be/kXRtvQT1V_Y?t=192

It sounds like someone cleans a plate super fast with a Sponge and I have no idea where to find it and get a clean version of it, nor how to recreate it.

If this topic is in the wrong subtopic, I'm sorry but I couldn't find a place better for this.

I hope you can help me on this one.

-TheRenegadeAnimator

galacticprobe

May 20, 2017, 05:42 am #1 Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:43 am by galacticprobe
Hey, Renegade! Glad to see you're still around! (It's been too long.)

I don't know if any of the sounds in here will be of help (it's been a while since I've poked around them), but it's one place to have a look. (TardisSounds Yahoo! Group) If you're not a member there you'll have to join, but it's a free membership.

Then there is the TARDIS Sounds at the Doctor Who WAV Archive. Lots to listen through there.

Another one that "might" be useful is here: TARDIS Sounds on YouTube. This one is just three minutes long, but there is a sound similar to what you're looking for (I think; I had trouble hearing it in your link, but I enjoyed watching that clip). The sound is at minute 1:38, and it's called "The Vortex", but it sounds more like a squeaky dish.

Anyway, I hope one of those links will be helpful to you (and I might see you on the Yahoo! Group once you've joined, if you haven't already).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

You may have luck generating that sound effect by going to http://sfbgames.com/chiptone/
Kind Regards,

David

www.spiffinglyniceguy.co.uk