Apr 19, 2024, 12:48 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's TARDIS Bedroom Doors

Started by BioDoctor900, Jul 20, 2017, 12:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsuthern

That looks really good.

The shot of the open door with the console peeking out from behind it looks fantastic!

Well done!

Russell

davidnagel

Gosh, don't those look good! Top job sir!
Regards
David

phillbarron

Looks great!

I'm jealous, must get round to putting mine back up.

Are you going to do a roof/lamp?

BioDoctor900

So, the doors were looking good, but it was actually lacking on the sign and roof front, so I've fixed this...
I actually added the Police Public Call Box sign a few days back, but I wanted to post when I had a full stack. This was done using a piece of pallet wood, the same beading wood from the windows and some cut out letters that I superglued in place. I also printed and laminated a new PTO sign

I screwed a couple of bits of wood together, cut up a plastic pot and lid in half, and added some LEDs and paint and et voila...

IMG_20170822_215827.jpg

IMG_20170822_215900.jpg

IMG_20170819_225817.jpg

Oh and the inside of the doors, which look a bit shabbier than the outside....

IMG_20170818_144533.jpg

Overall I'm happy with how they've come out

BioDoctor900

Scarfwearer

It looks really nice! And seeing the console through the open doors looks amazing.

Needs the round things... ;)

galacticprobe

Aug 23, 2017, 02:22 am #20 Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017, 02:22 am by galacticprobe
Envy(medium-small).jpg

Other than that... totally speechless!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

Scarfwearer, I'm working on that lol. I'm trying to get the vinyl walls back off my mate. We. Had a falling out and he took them back, we're now talking again, and he's said I can borrow them again.... however I did think about making some 3D ones, but it's a lot of work....

BioDoctor900

Karomak

This looks so brilliant! With your talent, why dont you maybe make styrofoam type ones and spray them that yellow-y tint?
What are you gonna do? Moisturize me?

-The 9th Doctor, The End Of The World, 2005.

barnacle

Looks awesome!  Many style points for having a console parked in the room.  Which is also a beautiful build, BTW.

BioDoctor900

So, I have done a bit more work on the TARDIS doors. While working at one of my local department stores (Debenhams) they had some galaxy backdrop for thier window displays.

$_86.JPG

You can see the design on the top card, I didn't get a picture while it was in the window. So I asked if there was any left, and they said there was a roll or so left. So they gave it to me. It was massive, probably about 10ft long, by about 6ft wide.

So I measured around my TARDIS doors, cut it out and stuck it to the wall....

IMG_20180104_163607.jpg

Once I put it up, it reminded me slightly of the toy play set  ;D

IMG_20180110_012635.jpg

Oh yeah, and who needs Vinyl walls when you can have 3D Roundels  ;)

IMG_20180110_012657.jpg

IMG_20180125_183846.jpg

I've painted them grey, as they are on the original panels, but I'm not too sure if it works or not

I also thought it might be an idea to try and merge this thread and my console thread...if an Admin can do that....I've no idea

Thoughts??

BioDoctor900

galacticprobe

Jan 26, 2018, 05:42 am #25 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018, 05:46 am by galacticprobe
Well, it looks like the topics have been merged. So, on to the work...

Now that's how you properly wallpaper a room! It looks great, BioDoc! And of course your console looks great as always. I love the hexel-roundels. I think they look just right for what they're supposed to be.

What might improve their look is if possible, you could put up some amber-ish textured wallpaper on those roundeled walls. (If you can't find textured paper, you can always draw some "crinkle" lines on the paper with a sharpie or something like that.) Then the wall and roundels would look like they did on the show. The walls always glowed amber-ish, but no matter how bright those walls got, the hexel part of the roundels was always solid grey.

So I wouldn't change the roundels. I'd try changing the blank space on the wall around the roundels.

I hope some of this is helpful.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

Thanks Dino. I actually have a roll of crinkle effect wallpaper ready for the walls, it's just having the money to buy some wood to mount and recess the Roundels and possibly backlight them, but money isn't something I have at the minute, so I'm having to stick with them on the wall

Also my walls are a bitch to drill into, so I'm thinking of making the walls attatch to the existing hooks where the vinyl used to hang

BioDoctor900