Apr 25, 2024, 01:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Custom Cyberman Voice Changer Helmet

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Jul 12, 2017, 04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

That rust looks great (and much more realistic than on my Cyber-head)! Using sand and PVA glue was genius, I shall have to try this to enhance my Handles at some point.

As for photographic conditions, I'm afraid I can't be of any help. With my builds I tend to just point the camera and hope it comes out half decent (although I do feel your pain with some of the details not showing up in your photos; it can be very disappointing sometimes - and then other times, those practically invisible errors show up like a sore thumb on camera! ::))
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Cardinal Hordriss

That's it exactly, it ought to be in the Murphy's Law thread somewhere. I know it's not in the nature of the forum members to be judgmental of builds but you want people to see it at it's best and not think that it isn't as good as it really is... or at least you don't want people to think that it's worse than it is.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

galacticprobe

Jul 18, 2017, 04:03 pm #17 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017, 04:11 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jul 17, 2017, 10:38 pm
...it ought to be in the Murphy's Law thread somewhere.

How does this sound?

"When photographing your build, depending on lighting and flash conditions, some of the details you put so much work into will not show up in your photos; however at other times in your photos, those practically invisible errors will show up like a sore thumb!"

If that about covers things, I can add that to the Murphy's Laws list.

On the build side, your Handles looks amazing in these photos. I have to agree that using the sand and glue to get that rust texture (and no doubt feel when touched) is a stroke of genius! The color is spot on for rust (better even than just adding a little red to a light brown mix). And the "dirt" splotches definitely look like oxidizing metal, on the verge of developing rust. Nice!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Cardinal Hordriss

Thank you and the law sounds just right ;)
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

In pride of place on my bed post. I think the weathering looks a little clearer in this pic -

20496385_10155654173394319_548855350_n.jpg

Karomak

This looks absolutely brilliant! I love weathering in general but the weathering/battle damage on this knocks it out of the park.   :)
What are you gonna do? Moisturize me?

-The 9th Doctor, The End Of The World, 2005.

The14thDr

I agree with Karomak, this is such an amazing build (and one I'm extremely jealous of! ;D) Nice work Cardinal. :)
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Cardinal Hordriss

High praise indeed considering the awesomeness of your Handles build and that was a scratch build, all I've done is ruin a collectible toy.

elkad

All of a sudden I think, there should be a glancing bullet scar on the head's right side form a gold bullet. A long burn mark with hair line scratches glistening with gold tracking down the bullet burn, like the gold reacted with the Cybeman's head causing a burn. No doubt every once & a wile he experiences burning sensation glitches in his emotion suppression software.