New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Keys: The Doctor

Started by Terrasolo, Jul 08, 2017, 11:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Jan 30, 2019, 11:51 pm #75 Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 12:26 pm by Kingpin
Quote from: galacticprobe on Jul 27, 2017, 05:57 am

key.jpg
I don't know where she found it, or what it's for. It's made in Italy, though (you can see that much on the key), but beyond that, I have no idea.
Dino.

I believe it may be a safe key, based on this image:
311142206646.jpg

A lot of double-sided keys have unalike bits, but it seems some safe keys have the same bit, but orientated 180 degrees to it's counterpart, rather than mirrored.

As for the Ankh* key mentioned earlier, could it be this one?
http://shop.scificollectorshop.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Tardis-Key-Necklace

*Why is it called the Ankh key, anyway?  It doesn't really look like one.

Cardinal Hordriss

Ciderman - 'm sorry if I seemed rude questioning when your TARDIS key replica was made. If you're certain then you are and I've no need to question it further.

I was only 8 in '96 and Doctor Who merchandise was almost none existent and very hard to come by. I never saw your replica until much later and at the time they were rare and only became more widely available later but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were new then.

Funnily enough the key used in the film was an inaccurate replica of the 70's key sold by a magazine called 800-Trekker :)

Anyway, just wanted to make sure I hadn't inadvertantly rubbed you up the wrong way.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

ciderman

No, I apologise Cardinal if I seemed a bit insistent. You are all lovely people on TARDIS builders! This was the year before I got married and there was a resurgence in Who merchandise. It was definitely 96 and I'm certain I bought it just before because I snapped it up and it was in a Radio Times that was featuring the show as up and coming within the month kind of thing.
Offended on TARDIS builders? Never my friend!

LeoCor

Looking at this, if I were to venture a guess as to what kind of key it is, I'd say it's a 6 or 7-pin Yale key. I would go with 6, as the 7-pin looks a bit too long. The best match I could find would be a "Yale Y54 key blank" in brass, as it appears to be the right size, and it has the accurate single stop.

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Jul 18, 2017, 11:07 amJodie Whitaker key -

TRAILER KEY B.png

TRAILER KEY 2.png

TRAILER KEY 3 B.png